PDA

View Full Version : Need an Idea

Ambition
12/27/2013, 02:49 PM
So has anyone had a water/vinegar solution sit stagnant for a couple weeks where there was previously living GHA? Well... the pump I had for circulation in a sump I had with a solution of this sort ended up getting unplugged when my family was digging out Christmas stuff earlier this month and I now have an odor that is in the fish room that is far worse than anything I have encountered (this tops dead snails, dead anemones, rotten eggs, etc.). I drained the sump as far as a spare pump would allow me to and I don't think I'm brave enough (and I probably shouldn't) to bring the sump to the bathroom to rinse it out. My question is, will this smell go away if I rinsed out the sump multiple times or am I better off spending another $50 to get a new sump put together and giving this thing to a nuclear waste program? I've thought about doing a scrub down with bleach water, but I'm not sure how good of an idea that is...

TTU_Reefer
12/27/2013, 03:08 PM
If it smells that bad, I would not use it until its clean. Something is decaying. Can you pull it outside and nuke it with bleach and water?

Ambition
12/27/2013, 03:12 PM
Being in MN this time of year takes away the luxury of water running outside. I'm going to see if I can't take it to the warehouse my father works at and nuke it with bleach and water... I have the pump I was using doing a soak in a bleach/water bath before I scrub it after dinner.