PDA

View Full Version : 1 Candy Cane not opening

3S1K
12/28/2013, 03:01 AM
I got a frag a few weeks ago and they all seemed fine until the smaller on at the bottom didn't open up as much. The other 2 seam to be getting fatter/fluffier looking.

I did notice what looks like a strand of algae close to the head, could that cause it not to open?

10g with 36w LED lights if anyone is curious.

3S1K
12/30/2013, 05:05 AM
Anyone one? Its tentacles don't come oit at night either. the other 2 do. Only positive thing is It doesn't look to be getting smaller or receding.

CoDxFreak
12/30/2013, 05:16 AM
Could be irritating it, however I don't know if it's a coincidence but on my candy canes the bottom one never seems fully open also..

pugman
12/31/2013, 03:47 PM
Mine do well at mid level. I know too much light will damage them but mine do fine.

3S1K
01/04/2014, 01:44 AM
The other ones arent as fluffy anymore but the bottom one seems to be opening more slowly. Gonna do a water change and see if anything changes. I had a fish go missing and can't find its body.

Reef Frog
01/04/2014, 03:49 PM
It does not look to be in bad shape to me. Plumping up and tentacle extension ebbs & flows IME so just keep an eye on it. I would pluck the algae strand now as the calcium stalks can become prime algae habitat. Flow on sand beds can be quite low in some tanks, so make sure the water is moving down there, but don't over do it. GL.