PDA

View Full Version : Help me decide (1 Radion Pro vs 2 Kessil 360Ws)

RocketCityNano
12/28/2013, 08:28 PM
Trying to decide between the two for my 20x20x30 mixed reef. Either choice will be controlled by my Apex. I keep going back and forth and cannot decide...thoughts?!?

mikeatjac
12/29/2013, 08:01 AM
I like the Pro, more colors and greater programming options. However you can not control the Pro with the Apex, it has it's own software.

juice79
12/29/2013, 01:51 PM
You will have to decide whats you are looking for in a light, the overall look, controllability, etc. also make sure you view a tank with both of these lights on it before you purchase. I was looking at upgrading my DIY leds I looked at these 2 exact lights. I purchased one of each and tried them over my tank. There is definitely more controllability with the radion, however, the kessil is the most natural looking led I have ever scene. The shiimer is as if you are snorkeling / diving and the most similar to a halide of any LED I have seen.

Both can grow corals but for me I would choose the Kessil because the look of a tank is more important to me than the controllability. I will be ordering 4 new A360WE's for my tank in the next few weeks

mfinn
12/29/2013, 02:05 PM
If you are not going to use the software/programming that comes with the Radion, save your money and buy something cheaper.
IMO, the software/programming is what I like about the Radion.

ghostman
12/29/2013, 02:10 PM
I like the Pro, more colors and greater programming options. However you can not control the Pro with the Apex, it has it's own software.

This isn't completely true. Radion control by the Apex is either available or coming in the near future. Both lights offer completely different looks, with my vote going to the Kessil. I like the shimmer and color spectrum.

RedStangGA
12/30/2013, 07:25 AM
Trying to decide between the two for my 20x20x30 mixed reef. Either choice will be controlled by my Apex. I keep going back and forth and cannot decide...thoughts?!?

I looked at both and went with the Kessil. As another said it was the closest I've seen an LED look like a MH. Not saying it's equivalent but visually it's the closest. The shimmer is amazing. The aesthetics also played a part in my case. If you have a canopy that may not be as much of an issue.