PDA

View Full Version : Wide angle lens

dwilli57
12/28/2013, 11:22 PM
I've got a 75g cube (30 high x 24x24) and am thinking about switching to the wide angle lens. My settings are currently a modified radiant setup at 65% intensity. The light is barely 9" off top of tank (that's the highest my canopy allows). I've been slowly lowering my intensity bc my coral colors seem to be fading some, especially the ones right in center of tank.

Has anyone set up the WA lens on a similar aquarium? Anyone have general thoughts on if it might help?

Thanks
Dave

jfuka78
12/30/2013, 06:47 PM
Even with my wide lens I am get to a 60 peak for three hours. May I ask how high is your white setting?

mfinn
12/30/2013, 08:18 PM
I've got a 75g cube (30 high x 24x24) and am thinking about switching to the wide angle lens. My settings are currently a modified radiant setup at 65% intensity. The light is barely 9" off top of tank (that's the highest my canopy allows). I've been slowly lowering my intensity bc my coral colors seem to be fading some, especially the ones right in center of tank.

Has anyone set up the WA lens on a similar aquarium? Anyone have general thoughts on if it might help?

Thanks
Dave

Not sure why you want the wide lens kit. Your Radion easily covers the 24" x 24" area.
If your corals are losing color, I would suggest, turn it down.
Did you acclimate them in the first place?

dwilli57
12/30/2013, 11:21 PM
Jfuka. I think my max white gets to about 45% I believe.

Finn. My light sits low enough that the back corner of my tank doesn't get that much light spread to it. Just wondering what people thought of the WA lens

jfuka78
12/31/2013, 03:56 PM
Jfuka. I think my max white gets to about 45% I believe.

Finn. My light sits low enough that the back corner of my tank doesn't get that much light spread to it. Just wondering what people thought of the WA lens

Well if that is all you wanted to know, I am very happy.

bmullikin1
01/01/2014, 12:16 PM
i just installed the wide angle lenses, im running a 30x24dx16h tank, and feel they help w evening out the spread, the hot spot in the middle is not as noticeable and did increase on side and front as well.