PDA

View Full Version : does anybody had Anthias for a long time ? how long ? thanks for share ...

sputer
12/28/2013, 11:55 PM
include Anthias/ Pseudoanthias/ Nemanthias/ Microlabrichthy/ Plectranthias:inlove::inlove::inlove:

Sagaris
12/29/2013, 07:47 AM
Hi,
I had a group of 15 Tukas for nearly 2 years.
Nearly over one year a group of 10 Flavoguttatus.
A pair of Borbs. for over one year.

I broke down my tank a month ago, but Iīm sure I could do even more years.

Most important for anthias is to feed them heavily in the beginning.
For the first month I fed them nearly 5 times a day.
After that it comes to normal 3 times a day ( 1x flakes, 1x artemia / mysis / lobster mix and 1x pellets )

Greetings from germany

tacwise
12/29/2013, 09:22 AM
Will be watching this thread with interest.
I have been pondering keeping Anthias,but the regular feeding is putting me off.
Regards Colin.

gmigmi
12/29/2013, 06:57 PM
all of my anthias are 1-3 years old
including a pair borbs
group of bimac
few squampinis
few stocky
few tricolor
2 bartletts (most disappointed with these, started with 12 two years ago left with a pair, they killed each other down to the last pair).

jazzman7838
12/30/2013, 12:24 AM
Michael Moye kept an anthias for 9 years in captivity if I remember right. I have a few that are going on their 7th year.

ca1ore
12/30/2013, 12:56 AM
Had a squarespot male for almost 5 years and a few Lyretails for about three.

chipchip
12/30/2013, 01:25 AM
Does anybody keep "Serranocirrhitus latus"? Im very interested. Are they easy to keep?

Tanu
12/30/2013, 01:28 AM
I keep a group of P. bartlettorum since January 2011 and since a few months I have added a group of P. cooperi to it, they do wonderful together. Like other stated: feeding is the key to succes, especially in the beginning they have to be fed large amounts of food multiple times each day.

It also depends on the species, some species (tuka and ventralis are worst I think) are more difficult to keep than others. Squamipinnis and bartlettorum are relatively easy fish.

tacwise
12/30/2013, 11:49 AM
Hi all,how many times are you feeding your anthias per day?

Regards Colin.

Myles
12/30/2013, 02:11 PM
5 years on a Serranocirrhitus latus-easy to keep in a tank without aggressive tankmates.
myles

falconut
12/30/2013, 03:52 PM
I've had Lyretails on a few occasions and they lived around 2 years. Usually fed once a day, sometimes twice on the weekends.

MikeandNicole
12/30/2013, 05:20 PM
Two years on my sunburst.

sullyfish
12/30/2013, 05:49 PM
I have had Lyretails & Bartletts for going on 3 years now. Fed twice/ three times per day for first few months and then once a day thereafter w/o problems

OrionN
12/30/2013, 10:06 PM
Someone bought in 6 Lyetail to mhy LFS. They are fat and happy so I got all of them. They are doing great in my tank for about the last 1 month. Stay fatt and happy. Feed them with 2 cubes of mysis mixed with Flakes twice a day (to the whole tank)

ca1ore
12/31/2013, 09:24 AM
Hi all,how many times are you feeding your anthias per day?

Through trial and error, I found that feeding mine 3 times a day was about right - and enough to keep them at weight. Right now I have a trio of Bartletts, which eat NLS pellets, so I actually feed up to 5 times per day though small amounts (mix of frozen and pellets). I have been able to get Lyretails on pellets as well, but the problem I had with all other species is they would only take frozen, so you have to give them Mysis, brine, etc. each time.

snorvich
12/31/2013, 09:48 AM
Feed three times per day and they should live for quite a while; some species are more difficult to feed, however.

addictedreefer
12/31/2013, 02:08 PM
I've had 6 squamipinis (2 males, 4 females) for about five years now. I only feed once a day.

OrionN
12/31/2013, 02:21 PM
I've had 6 squamipinis (2 males, 4 females) for about five years now. I only feed once a day.

How big is your tank? Two males do OK in the same tank?
Anybody with same experience (2 males in a tank)?

gsiegel
12/31/2013, 05:20 PM
Hi,
I had a group of 15 Tukas for nearly 2 years.
Nearly over one year a group of 10 Flavoguttatus.
A pair of Borbs. for over one year.

I broke down my tank a month ago, but Iīm sure I could do even more years.

Most important for anthias is to feed them heavily in the beginning.
For the first month I fed them nearly 5 times a day.
After that it comes to normal 3 times a day ( 1x flakes, 1x artemia / mysis / lobster mix and 1x pellets )

Greetings from germany

Curious as to what you fed your Tukas and Borbs. I currently have 4 Tukas and also a pair of Borbs - feeding a mixture of Cyclopeeze and Dr. G's Caviar Eggs primarily for the Tukas, while the Borbs are fine eating everything so far -primarily mysis. I typically also soak in aminos and Selcon. Anything different or in addition that you recommend?

jazzman7838
12/31/2013, 07:51 PM
If you want to keep tukas long term you need to drip small food in for them all day long. Takes them a very long time to accept big chunks.

Sagaris
01/01/2014, 01:36 PM
I fed the Anthias with Ocean Nutrition Formula Two Flakes.
Mixed it with frozen food and after a while they accepted.
I set up a small tank few weeks ago which houses 3 Bartlettīs anthias.
Did the same think with mixing it with frozen artemia / mysis and flakes.
Allways a relief seeing them eat flakes.

OrionN
01/01/2014, 02:49 PM
I got 1 male and 5 females Lyetail Anthias. Is it advisable to add three more females?