PDA

View Full Version : bubble tip tentacles first into MP40 foam

GrotonReefer
12/29/2013, 08:26 AM
I purchased a bubble tip anemone a couple days ago and put on the foam protector onto my MP40 as suggested. Once the anemone was nicely attached to a rock I started the pump at lowest setting in the a.m. and then moved to low-med towards the end of the day since all seemed fine. When I woke up this morning I found the anemone tentacles-first stuck to the foam pad. I stopped the pump but it appears that if I try to remove the anemone from the foam that it will rip the tentacles apart and make matters worse.

Has anyone else had this problem or have any suggestions on how to best save the anemone?

Ajskennels
12/29/2013, 08:29 AM
i would just try putting the wet side and all somewhere on the sand bed for a while to see if the nem will move off of it.

GrotonReefer
12/29/2013, 08:38 AM
Good idea. Thanks!

jccaclimber
01/06/2014, 12:12 PM
Did this end up working out for you and the nem? I haven't had that yet, but I have had my nem make it half way through the overflow tray in a biocube (1/8" by 1/4" slots). I ended up spending 30 minutes massaging and encouraging it out the first time. The second time it happened I pulled the panel and let it float until the nem sorted its self out. Both times my nem survived.