PDA

View Full Version : Is there a way to Feed Mushrooms? Especially Ricordea to make them grow faster?

that Fish Guy
12/30/2013, 11:22 PM
Is there a way to Feed Mushrooms?

I especially want to Feed My Ricordea to make them grow faster?

Lonelyreef
12/30/2013, 11:36 PM
Actually they like really low light im talking less then 150 par and you can spot feed them with any lps food really

robotman
12/31/2013, 12:42 AM
Is there a way to Feed Mushrooms?

I especially want to Feed My Ricordea to make them grow faster?

Actually they like really low light im talking less then 150 par and you can spot feed them with any lps food really

my hitchhiker takes food and swells up like a balloon over it, never spot fed my ricordea though.

aromano
12/31/2013, 05:54 AM
drop pellet food on them they bag up around it. mine grow like weeds always cutting them off rocks and trading them in to lfs. ricordia as well

that Fish Guy
12/31/2013, 07:53 AM
Anybody try Reef Roids?

dkeller_nc
12/31/2013, 07:59 AM
I don't think I can link to Reef Builder's blog directly, but if you enter the search term "reef builders yuma ricordea" in google, you'll get a time-lapse video of someone spot-feeding a ricordea with Fauna Marin coral food.

When I had ricordea, I would occasionally spot-feed them with mysis shrimp. Whether or not that actually made them grow faster, I don't know.

Lonelyreef
12/31/2013, 08:04 AM
The best ricordias are the rare color morphs and there are colectors of these. Ive seen them go for hundreds. Your average maybe will not but they are all beautiful in there own way