PDA

View Full Version : Now thats a sweet lookin clown...

maddmaxx
01/02/2014, 01:20 AM
Gold Nuggest Maroon...never seen something like this. looks while. im guessing as it matures. that will fill in all gold...

http://www.liveaquaria.com/DiversDen/ItemDisplay.cfm?c=2733+3&ddid=210710

maddmaxx
01/02/2014, 07:01 PM
hahaha 118 views and no body else thinks thats a cool looking fish? lol dont understand this site sometimes smh...

degibson84
01/02/2014, 07:04 PM
this is a cool looking clown. these misbarred fish being sold for a fortune is ridiculous

http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/prod_display.cfm?c=15+27+755&pcatid=755

davocean
01/02/2014, 07:10 PM
That actually caught my eye on LA yesterday, and I like it in the pic, but would like to see some in person.
I was wondering where the gold nugget part comes from, do they yellow w/ age, or does that refer to just the price?!lol

Tangnerd
01/02/2014, 11:24 PM
I would buy that... If I were willing to spend $600 on a single fish

Postal
01/02/2014, 11:27 PM
hahaha 118 views and no body else thinks thats a cool looking fish? lol dont understand this site sometimes smh...

I imagine that a lot of people are not commenting because there have been multiple threads about these clowns including 1 or 2 about them being for sale on Liveaquaria.

maddmaxx
01/03/2014, 04:09 PM
I imagine that a lot of people are not commenting because there have been multiple threads about these clowns including 1 or 2 about them being for sale on Liveaquaria.

honestly i havent seen one thread. not saying your lying, but i havent seen a thread about them or ever seen this fish before...

maddmaxx
01/03/2014, 04:10 PM
this is a cool looking clown. these misbarred fish being sold for a fortune is ridiculous

http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/prod_display.cfm?c=15+27+755&pcatid=755

haha this link is for regular occi clowns...

maddmaxx
01/03/2014, 04:11 PM
That actually caught my eye on LA yesterday, and I like it in the pic, but would like to see some in person.
I was wondering where the gold nugget part comes from, do they yellow w/ age, or does that refer to just the price?!lol

i would imagine that they turn gold with maturity. and i also would imagine they look sick when they do. such an appropriate name if they do change color...

D-Nak
01/03/2014, 04:13 PM

My mother told me that if I don't have anything nice to say, then I shouldn't say anything. This could explain the lack of comments. Just sayin'.

BlueFyre
01/03/2014, 04:15 PM
http://www.orafarm.com/images/products/fish/clowns/goldnugget_lg.jpg

I'm not a huge fan of maroon clowns but they are nice looking IMO.

maddmaxx
01/03/2014, 04:50 PM
My mother told me that if I don't have anything nice to say, then I shouldn't say anything. This could explain the lack of comments. Just sayin'.

well your mother gave you great advice,,,,but your insisting something that isnt here. i wasnt being rude, there were 118 views and nobody had anything to say. it was an observation, nothing more nothing less. and the "hahaha" along with the "lol" clearly showed i was playing around. i thought others would have chimed in on that particular fish..

in regards to me sayin i dont understand this site sometimes. i was genuine in that regard. sometimes a topic that has been beaten down will get a bunch of responses. to where an unusual topic like this fish comes up, especially in the Anemone&Clownfish section, gets no response puzzles me sometimes.

theres a part of me that wants to appologize for the way you took it, but i simply cant, cause i meant no ill will in anyway and did nothing wrong. please keep in mind, you do not know me personally, you are reading this on the internet and see it as black and white. so you take it how you read it, not how i meant it..

maddmaxx
01/03/2014, 04:54 PM
http://www.orafarm.com/images/products/fish/clowns/goldnugget_lg.jpg

I'm not a huge fan of maroon clowns but they are nice looking IMO.

so they do change. well obviously the name suggests it does. i always like the gold maroons over the regular maroons. recently i seen the maroons that were speckled and seen the i believe it was lighting strike maroon. but never seen a morph like this. with having platinum clowns, its not hard to imagine seeing the same type for maroons. but i never heard of them or seen them.

FTDelta
01/03/2014, 04:55 PM
pffftt... genetic defect *cough, cough.. designer* clownfish. Not worth spending the big bucks on one.

maddmaxx
01/03/2014, 05:02 PM
pffftt... genetic defect *cough, cough.. designer* clownfish. Not worth spending the big bucks on one.

certainly not worth that much to me. if it was a pair and i didnt mind tossing $1200-1500 at a pair, then it would be totally worth it, but i agree with you. cool to look at, but not cool on the wallet...

D-Nak
01/03/2014, 05:18 PM
well your mother gave you great advice,,,,but your insisting something that isnt here. i wasnt being rude, there were 118 views and nobody had anything to say. it was an observation, nothing more nothing less. and the "hahaha" along with the "lol" clearly showed i was playing around. i thought others would have chimed in on that particular fish..

in regards to me sayin i dont understand this site sometimes. i was genuine in that regard. sometimes a topic that has been beaten down will get a bunch of responses. to where an unusual topic like this fish comes up, especially in the Anemone&Clownfish section, gets no response puzzles me sometimes.

theres a part of me that wants to apologize for the way you took it, but i simply cant, cause i meant no ill will in anyway and did nothing wrong. please keep in mind, you do not know me personally, you are reading this on the internet and see it as black and white. so you take it how you read it, not how i meant it..

I was kidding too. No apologies necessary nor did I take it offensively. I've been on this site waaaay too long to take anything personally. What I actually meant by my comment was that if people don't share your sentiment (that you think it's a cool fish) they may view the thread then not comment, hence the 100+ views and no response.

What is interesting though is that this particular fish has been on DD for quite some time now, a long time compared to other items that appear and are sold even before I receive the announcement email. I've seen red haddoni go for $500+ and they're not extremely rare. Yet I see this fish sit on DD for not much more money. I personally feel it's too pricey for me, but I'm surprised that no one snatched it up.

maddmaxx
01/03/2014, 05:22 PM
I was kidding too. No apologies necessary nor did I take it offensively. I've been on this site waaaay too long to take anything personally. What I actually meant by my comment was that if people don't share your sentiment (that you think it's a cool fish) they may view the thread then not comment, hence the 100+ views and no response.

What is interesting though is that this particular fish has been on DD for quite some time now, a long time compared to other items that appear and are sold even before I receive the announcement email. I've seen red haddoni go for $500+ and they're not extremely rare. Yet I see this fish sit on DD for not much more money. I personally feel it's too pricey for me, but I'm surprised that no one snatched it up.

if it was a bonded pair. it would be much more appealing honestly. i cant see buying this one and pairing it wit a normal gold maroon...but DD i think is for the ppl wit deeper pockets and less knowledge. i kno that seems like a stretch, but their prices are outrages sometimes. like they have several clown pairs that you can pay, just a number, say $80 a fish and get two to watch them pair, but they sell bonded pairs for couple hundred for the same fish.. by less knowledge i mean its a well known site and its a an easy click and pay for most ppl that can lay down that type of money as if it was nothing. they tend not to do any research and just see and buy, which is fine, but im sure you understand what i mean...

Postal
01/03/2014, 09:38 PM
honestly i havent seen one thread. not saying your lying, but i havent seen a thread about them or ever seen this fish before...

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2348888

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2358324

davocean
01/03/2014, 10:02 PM

This is why I think not many comments, whether this is your thinking, or you know this is coming after your comments of liking them.
I get it that designers are not everyones choice for whatever reason, the price, or just not liking this type of breeding practice.
It's a good thing people didn't bag on dogs being bred specifically for certain qualities or we would have a lot less variety there.
I do admit lately it does seem kinda like new types of designer clowns seem to be coming out of the woodwork, hard to even stay on top of knowing what all is out there these days.
Some I like, some I don't, i did not care for picasso's when they first came out, but then I saw patterns that just grew on me and now that is my personal favorite in my own tank now.
I understand there are some people that stick w/ traditional looking breeds and all, but I do feel bad when someone posts something they really like, especially when it's their own new pair of clowns they are excited about, and there are those just too quick to bag on them.
I try to keep more of an open mind.
I'm sure sticker shock has a big part in some of the negative comments, or no comments at all, and I guess some of the no comments are just trying to be polite, maybe.

maddmaxx
01/04/2014, 04:39 AM
http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2348888

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2358324

Thank u? Lol like I said I wasn't sayin your lieing. Until just now I've never seen those threads. And had no clue it was on DD for that long

degibson84
01/04/2014, 04:44 AM
haha this link is for regular occi clowns...

exactly. designer clowns are not that good looking

maddmaxx
01/04/2014, 05:18 AM
exactly. designer clowns are not that good looking

Lmao..I gotcha now...ur original post thru me off when you said misbarred

QuackAttack
01/04/2014, 06:01 AM

That's my reason :)

If I wanted a yellow fish there's already lots to choose from. Imagine the novel idea of having a maroon colored fish with yellow bars in between...something like this....now that would be really cool!

http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/prod_display.cfm?c=15+27+107&pcatid=107

dc
01/04/2014, 08:07 AM
LOL, these are the kind I'm not fond of. If you can see pink under the white it makes me think of skinned or dunked in acid. Not that I have a clue about the acid part.

pr12
01/04/2014, 11:21 AM
I don't tend to care for designer clowns but I do like these. If I had the money and they sold pairs I would set a tank up for them.

KnownStrangeR
01/04/2014, 10:03 PM
If they had one that was a regular maroon and the bars stayed white that would be killer. White Gold Nugget clown

Sense of nature
01/07/2014, 07:09 PM
Ouch! you'd think it was one of a kind for that price!