PDA

View Full Version : 75 gallon fish only question

yellowtang03
01/02/2014, 09:01 AM
I have a 75 gallon corner flow tank with a 30 gallon sump. It has about 75-80 lbs of liverock in it and about a 3" sand bed. It is cycled now. I wanted to see what opinions where on my stocking list. It currently has 2 true perc clowns both about 3" right now. I wanted to add a fuzzy dwarf lion and a eel of some sort and maybe a yellow tang even though everyone bashs that idea. What eels would be good in there besides a snowflake? I looked at jewel moray eels and I like the fire coral eel but what others would work in the tank? If not a eel than what other fish would u recommend for a 75 gallon fowlr? Thanks!

foundnemo11
01/02/2014, 09:40 AM
I know everyone says tangs cannot go in 4 foot tanks.. If there is open water to swim in and they are bought very small you can add the tang. Not the very ig ones but yellow should be fine.

I have basically the same tank ( size sump love rocks weight) I have 2 clowns 3 chromis a hippo tang , kole tang, cleaner wrasse and cleaner shrimp. Also clean up crews but my tank is perfect no problems and my fish are very happy

namxas
01/02/2014, 09:57 AM
If you're dead set on an eel, look into the golden dwarf moray (Gymnothorax melatremus), as they stay small (10" - 12").

As for the tang, yellows are one of the most aggressive, and a 48" x 18" setup will only tend to make the fish more aggressive. Look into the chiseltooth tangs such as the Kole tang (Ctenochaetus strigosus) for a better fit.

yellowtang03
01/02/2014, 10:34 AM
Ok thanks guys!

yellowtang03
01/02/2014, 10:43 AM
I know everyone says tangs cannot go in 4 foot tanks.. If there is open water to swim in and they are bought very small you can add the tang. Not the very ig ones but yellow should be fine.

I have basically the same tank ( size sump love rocks weight) I have 2 clowns 3 chromis a hippo tang , kole tang, cleaner wrasse and cleaner shrimp. Also clean up crews but my tank is perfect no problems and my fish are very happy

Do u have any pics of ur tank to show the swimming room for ur tangs? Thanks

foundnemo11
01/02/2014, 11:20 AM
Here's mine http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/01/03/4ysu7yra.jpg

yellowtang03
01/02/2014, 02:08 PM
Here's mine http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/01/03/4ysu7yra.jpg

Looks good! I just bought a golden dwarf moray eel!

AmberFL03
01/02/2014, 07:29 PM
I have a Snowflake Moray and a White-Eyed Moray together in a 55 gallon. Got them both at about 10" long back in July and they are pretty good friends now and both about 13-14". Both are good aquarium tenants and both don't get too big.

hkarmy25
01/02/2014, 09:26 PM
A golden dwarf was a good choice. Stay small, and are relatively peaceful tankmates. I wouldn't recommend a YT, as they can get stupid aggressive. I have a 2" one in my 150 I'm contemplating moving to another tank cause he harrasses every new small addition. If it's a must have, their growth rate is slow and (as mentioned) if you get a small one you have time. Keep in mind you will eventually have to re-home. Dwarf angels are always a good addition, I love my potters and flame. It's all about personal preference though. Keep in mind that if you choose a lion, you will restrict your tank additions. I've gotten lucky with "grazers" and lions in the past, but more often than not they will nip at your lion when it's perching.