PDA

View Full Version : Kalkwasser - sanity check.

zenom
01/03/2014, 09:28 AM
So I am wanting to start dosing Kalkwasser.

My thought is that I would mix it in a 30 gallon container, then put the clear result in my 5 gallon auto top off container. Start slow with 1tsp per 5 gallons to see how this affects it. Right now I just dose the Aquavitro supplements as I do not use that much. Is mixing it this way OK to do or does the sludge need to remain in the same ATO container? (my new ATO container is going to be in my sump for my next tank, so I was trying to keep that free from having to clean the sludge out if possible).

Also right now I use the ATO from autotopoff.com, has anyone run into problems with this unit and Kalkwasser? I do have it hooked up to an Apex as always on, so I could shut it off if the PH gets too high, but obviously there would be no top off (is this where 2 part dosing is superior?).

TIA,
Andy

zenom
01/03/2014, 09:44 AM
Found my own answers here.

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1826795

So I am wanting to start dosing Kalkwasser.

My thought is that I would mix it in a 30 gallon container, then put the clear result in my 5 gallon auto top off container. Start slow with 1tsp per 5 gallons to see how this affects it. Right now I just dose the Aquavitro supplements as I do not use that much. Is mixing it this way OK to do or does the sludge need to remain in the same ATO container? (my new ATO container is going to be in my sump for my next tank, so I was trying to keep that free from having to clean the sludge out if possible).

Also right now I use the ATO from autotopoff.com, has anyone run into problems with this unit and Kalkwasser? I do have it hooked up to an Apex as always on, so I could shut it off if the PH gets too high, but obviously there would be no top off (is this where 2 part dosing is superior?).

TIA,
Andy