PDA

View Full Version : Tech M & cyano?

HumbleFish
01/03/2014, 07:31 PM
Just wondering if anyone has ever experimented with using Tech M to rid a tank of cyanobacteria? Or just elevated mag levels for that matter?

I've done everything I can think of to rid my tank of cyano on the sand... Changed out everything on my RODI, all new bulbs, decreased feeding, got way too much flow in my tank now, 3 day lights out, red slime remover, etc. etc.

Nothing works long term, so I'm grasping at straws now.

disc1
01/03/2014, 08:12 PM
Tech M is a bryopsis thing. It's not going to do jack for cyano.

HumbleFish
01/03/2014, 08:22 PM
Tech M is a bryopsis thing. It's not going to do jack for cyano.

Yeah, I know. :sad2:

I just thought whatever unknown ingredient that's in Tech M that knocks out bryopsis... might do something for cyano as well. :(

ca1ore
01/03/2014, 10:52 PM
Once cyano gets a hold of your tank it can be a beast to get rid of. My permanent QT has a major problem at the moment and I'm thinking I may have to break it down, really wash off the rock and use all new sand. Fortunately display is clear.

HumbleFish
01/05/2014, 10:01 PM
Once cyano gets a hold of your tank it can be a beast to get rid of. My permanent QT has a major problem at the moment and I'm thinking I may have to break it down, really wash off the rock and use all new sand. Fortunately display is clear.

With mine, cyano set it after I moved the tank. But only on the sandbed. Almost 2 years later I'm still sucking it out every couple of weeks. It's just relentless.