PDA

View Full Version : Pajama Cardinals Bickering

wii64brawl
01/04/2014, 12:47 AM
So I just picked up two pajama cardinals the other day. Both were juveniles and I have been watching them for weeks and they got along fine with the other couple pj's in the holding tank the whole time. Well they seemed fine last night and during feeding time today, but soon after feeding time, it looked like the larger one was bumping into the smaller one. At first I thought it was nothing, but after the second time I realized it was some form of aggression. They are still swimming together but I don't know how long that will last.

I have no clue if they are two males, so I don't know if it is a dominance thing or a bullying thing.

So what should I do? I really like the look of these guys hovering together, and don't want only one. Do you think it would help to get a third to spread out any aggression? Or return the smaller one? Or just wait a while and see what happens?

CoralBeauty13
01/04/2014, 11:17 PM
I hear ya. I bought three of them that were friends, and now one is so mean that the other two can't be found until feeding time. AARRRGGGHHHH! Not sure what can be done, but thats kid fishes for ya.