PDA

View Full Version : Apex help to prevent overflow

2FunKids
01/04/2014, 09:56 AM
So my skimmer has a 5 gallon bucket for collection to provide a safe volume from overflowing. My wife just called and said it overflowed and the top off kept filling until it emptied ...another 5 gallons. So, how can I tell my top off that if it runs more than (given set value) minutes at any one time,? It needs to stay off...here is my current ATO program? Thanks for the help. I also have another float on order to shut the skimmer down if the collection bucket fills up.

[ TopOff_4_2 ] ( 4_2 )
Program Type: Advanced
Display Icon: Light B
Program:
Fallback OFF
Set OFF
If Switch1 OPEN Then OFF
If Switch1 CLOSED Then ON
Min Time 001:00 Then ON
If FeedD 000 Then OFF

scuzy
01/04/2014, 11:19 AM
Easiest is to add one more switch as emergency off

walkerbrody
01/04/2014, 07:44 PM
I have a float switch in my 5 gallon skimmer collection bucket that turns off the skimmer and the top off and sends me a text. I also use an osc command so the topoff can only run for 10 seconds every hour if the topoff switch is stuck on for more than two hours it shuts off the topoff program completely and sends me a text. The sump also has a high level float switch and a low level float switch that turns on and off various items. I lost several corals when my skimmer overflowed and the top off filled my aquarium with fresh water, so I now use several safety measures to prevent this

2FunKids
01/04/2014, 08:14 PM
I have a float switch in my 5 gallon skimmer collection bucket that turns off the skimmer and the top off and sends me a text. I also use an osc command so the topoff can only run for 10 seconds every hour if the topoff switch is stuck on for more than two hours it shuts off the topoff program completely and sends me a text. The sump also has a high level float switch and a low level float switch that turns on and off various items. I lost several corals when my skimmer overflowed and the top off filled my aquarium with fresh water, so I now use several safety measures to prevent this

Do you mind offering up your apex top off program?

2FunKids
01/05/2014, 05:07 PM
Thanks everyone, I just finished adding a float switch on the skimmer overflow. Now I have one float on my skimmer overflow and one in my sump that turns the ATO off and on. I think I need to add one more that detects high water in the sump just in case the ATO puts too much in.

ElmoC
01/06/2014, 07:56 AM
You can use a virtual outlet to control the maximum time an outlet is on. When the ATO is triggered, you also turn on the virtual outlet. In the virtual outlet code, you use a defer statement for the amount of time you want the ATO to run, say 5 minutes. You put DEFER 00:05 THEN ON. In the real outlet code, you put a statement in, IF OUTLET [VO] = ON THEN OFF. The defer statement requires the condition the turned the virtual outlet on to be true for the time period, after which the virtual outlet would be turned on.

I was trying to find an example in the Neptune Forums but didn't find anything right off. Try looking through them at http://forum.neptunesystems.com/forumdisplay.php?18-Apex-Programming-for-Dosing-ATO-and-AWC

2FunKids
01/06/2014, 03:48 PM
You can use a virtual outlet to control the maximum time an outlet is on. When the ATO is triggered, you also turn on the virtual outlet. In the virtual outlet code, you use a defer statement for the amount of time you want the ATO to run, say 5 minutes. You put DEFER 00:05 THEN ON. In the real outlet code, you put a statement in, IF OUTLET [VO] = ON THEN OFF. The defer statement requires the condition the turned the virtual outlet on to be true for the time period, after which the virtual outlet would be turned on.

I was trying to find an example in the Neptune Forums but didn't find anything right off. Try looking through them at http://forum.neptunesystems.com/forumdisplay.php?18-Apex-Programming-for-Dosing-ATO-and-AWC

I need to use more virtual outlets. To me it seems like the next step in my Apex knowledge. I will try to digest this and get it working..thanks for the post.