PDA

View Full Version : RBA stuck in overflow

lkcurr2
01/04/2014, 03:22 PM
Ive git a two piece overflow and my rba somehow got in through the slots in the bottom. I turned the return off for a couple hours to see if he would come back out but he didnt. Should I leave him alone or anyone have any ideas how to get it out.

salasaz
01/04/2014, 05:35 PM
your attachment doesn't work

lkcurr2
01/04/2014, 06:35 PM
http://bigbluereef.com/download/file.php?id=1290&mode=view

Joe0813
01/04/2014, 06:36 PM
how the heck did it get in there

wrott
01/04/2014, 06:46 PM
If it's <half way in, you can keep steady pressure by gently pulling on the anem to get it back through the grating. This should take 30min to 1hr. Or if it just won't budge,
go ahead and slice it off w/ a new razor blade. It should regenerate if the foot and mouth are not too badly injured. I've had this happen on multiple occasions, sometimes you just have to cut it out and throw it away. If your tank is more than 50g, a few pieces of a dead anem will not cause a crash. You should be able to keep a steady pull on it, and it will come out just like it went in. But again, this should take quite some time--1hr.

Edit;
I just saw the pic, it's too far in, sorry. If you keep a light over it, it may climb the inside of the overflow, and you can get to it then, but I doubt it. It looks like loosing situation.

torero500
01/04/2014, 06:47 PM
Had that happen to me, moved one night and decided the teeth of the overflow would be a good spot. To get him out you need a ton of patience...get a credit card and gently poke the foot so it goes onto the card and not the overflow. But for like the first 15 minutes it won't want to move at all. Takes forever. If you start jamming too hard or try to force it off, the foot will tear. Had that happen to me once, sucked. The other times just took forever until it finally slid onto the card, after awhile they get sick of being poked and start to move. Maybe you can rig up some flat thin surface to apply steady gentle pressure against it, it will eventually move onto it. Then move it into the tank where it will move off.

lkcurr2
01/04/2014, 07:38 PM
Its at the bottom of the overflow so I cant get anything behind it. The tank is a 144 half circle so I dont know if it will crash it or not.

The nem went into there on ita own it just split a couple weeks ago so it was pretty small.

Do you think it might come out on its own?

The opening its in is right above the rockwork on the right overflow.

http://www.bigbluereef.com/gallery/image.php?image_id=98