PDA

View Full Version : First new custom tank 180 gallons

Mr Rock
01/05/2014, 07:22 PM
Hello to my fellow reefers! I started my passion of fish as a child. It always starts out with that first small goldfish and ends with half of your house as a living art decor project. I've learned a lot over the years... as a child I feed my fish bologna to now feeding my fish the best of the best foods. What started as a bowl with water in it has become a RO system with UV lights and protein skimmers to Kessil LED lights. I've had every thing from 1/2 gallon bowl to a 200DD tank.
My new project is a 96x24x18 Custom Acrylic Aquarium - Produced with 3/4" acrylic for the main body with an external overflow. With a 72x18x18 Custom Acrylic Sump - 1/2" acrylic for main body, skimmer chamber, refugium, return chamber, ATO Chamber and custom 96.5x24.5x36 Steel Stand - 1.5" Steel Tube, mitre jointed corners, finished with a black rust resistant finish, 6 vertical risers and 3 horizontal stringers with 3/4" ply on top, 1/2" ply on bottom. Premium Dark Blue Acrylic Skin for steel stand. Skin will be constructed from 1/2" Dark Blue Acrylic. It will consist of 4 removable panels, 2 in the front, and 1 on each side. Panels will be magnetically attached to the stand for easy removal for under stand maintenance.
I have a ton (literally could be a ton) of live rock, corals and fish waiting for there new home to arrive. I am also awaiting the new tank so I can stop hearing about why I have a 90 gallon pond a 60 gallon pond and several 55 gallon drums of water in the middle of the basement floor. My wife agreed to ONE tank not the holding system from hell as she calls it.
Pictures of my new tank to come... thank you to Adam at Artfully Acrylic for making my hole set up! And to my wife it is almost over I promise (yes my fingers are crossed as I typed that)!
http://www.artfullyacrylic.com/

Psxerholic
01/05/2014, 07:45 PM
Hey, looking forward to your build. Let's see some pictures of the chaos you want to leave behind! lol.