PDA

View Full Version : I don't wanna go fishing

acidblondie
01/07/2014, 06:45 PM
I need ideas on how to get an anthias out of the overflow. I have a 210 gallon tank with the black towers for the overflows. Somehow the little bugger got in there. I'm down to 2 options either pulling the standpipe and hopefully catching him the sock or getting a really small hook that I can thread a blood worm on.

NastyZ
01/07/2014, 06:53 PM
Syphon out the water till it gets really low then get him out with a fish net or you could syphon him out all together if it's small enough I use a 1" vinyl tubing to get my wrasse out

ryansc
01/07/2014, 06:55 PM
I just did this last night to rescue a fish in my over flow. U will need two long thin Dowell rods and 1/4 netting and two rubber bands to fashion a fishing net. Let me see if I can upload a picture. It's not a pretty contraption, but it works.

ryansc
01/07/2014, 06:59 PM
Ghetto fish net (http://m.imgur.com/Eo3CzzH)

Now I used two old chopsticks. They were available late last night and just long enough.

s_kelley
01/07/2014, 07:47 PM
Is your stand pipe glued or something? I have a yasahara goby that fits right through the teeth of my overflow and I have to pull mine maybe once a month.

Joel_155
01/07/2014, 09:14 PM
This was a pain when it happened with my clown. I ended up having to kill the pump and block the overflow off and fill it to the teeth and use a bit fish net to get him out. As many times as I pulled the stand pipe he refused to go down the drain .

Bilk
01/07/2014, 11:57 PM
Syphon him out. (Need a hose with a suitable diameter) Or remove the standpipe as you said. Someone here mentioned filling the overflow with sand until it reaches a level you can net the fish. That sound's like a last resort. I think #1 or #2 will do the trick.

acidblondie
01/08/2014, 02:41 AM
Thanks everyone, I'll give it a shot when I get home from work today