PDA

View Full Version : What anemone if fish safe, to get for my clowns.

CoralBeauty13
01/07/2014, 07:57 PM
I want to get my third clown a hosting anemone of his own, take it or not. But I have a special little guy Mr. Magoo, my scooter Blenny. He rest on everything in the tank. It will land where ever he pleases and eithe move on, or hang out. I have nothing in there now that will eat him, and want to get a anemone that is safe. Any ideas would be great. Thx

worm5406
01/07/2014, 11:57 PM
For a blenny... No... My lawnmower blenny stopped and rested in the wrong spot one day...

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-mGC9OHdGxXE/UaLHeeDn0bI/AAAAAAABAFw/X3lnDyHwxXU/s800/DSC00889.JPG

Now it just rests in peace.

BlueFyre
01/08/2014, 09:07 AM
I have 4species of anemones in my tank with my male red scooter (they are actually not blennies,but are dragonets). I have bubble tips, tube, maxi mini, and rock flower. Since you want an anemone with your clowns, I believe the bubble tip would be the safest. The fish seem to know to stay away.

D-Nak
01/08/2014, 11:35 AM
Unfortunately there are no 100% fish-safe hosting anemones. Same logic applies to reef-safe angels. There are reports of even those that are considered reef-safe to have gone rogue and nipped at coral (Genicanthus come to mind). Nems are opportunistic feeders. If your scooter happens to get to close, a nem isn't going to let it pass.

SNAKEMANVET
01/08/2014, 06:02 PM
Btas would be the best choice,I have seen my lawnmower blenny swim by touching the tentecles.A fish would have to be weak and dying for the anemone to catch it.