PDA

View Full Version : Controllers with web access

RAJOD
01/09/2014, 12:46 AM
Just wanted to get some input from people that have controllers with web access.

Not sure if I really need one. Right now in my FOWLR I have a controller for my chiller and a cheap rotary dial one that turns my lights on in the morning and off at night.

Tell me the merits of more sophisticated controllers and what are you controlling besides turning lights on and off.

I suppose a temperature monitor would be nice to view remotely.

scuzy
01/09/2014, 03:08 AM
How about with logics to feed fish turn pumps off , make water changes, monitor temp, turn off temps and pump from any disasters.

Bpawl
01/10/2014, 12:47 PM
I like using my apex lite more then not using one. It allows me to run all my timers, dose and control temp/ monitor PH. I also like the graphs it can create. It gives me some piece of mind when I travel.

d2mini
01/10/2014, 02:27 PM
My controller is doing the following...

MONITORING:
Temp
Salinity
pH
Redox
Future plans... leak detectors and flow sensor

CONTROLLING:
Dosing Pumps
Heaters
System Pump
Vortechs

AUTOMATION:
Auto Top Off
Daily Automatic Water Changes
One-Touch-Feed, shuts down the main pump and puts the vortechs into feed mode with the push of a button and starts it all back up automatically in 15 minutes.

My lights are Radion Pros so they are controlling themselves.

SAFETY:
If the water gets above a certain temp, power to the heaters is cut off.
Timers on ATO to make sure it doesn't overfill in the case of a level control failure.
Email alerts/alarms
Web camera integration

Breadman03
01/10/2014, 03:14 PM
Lights-White, Blue, and Moonlights independently (will be getting new LED drivers to allow my Apex to dim them also. Current drivers are manually adjusted.)
Heater-Set to 80-80.2
Fans-Run 1 minute, off for 3, run if temp is over 81
Powerheads-Tunze 6095, allows various speeds at different times, wave functions.
I can set my feed cycle to turn off my skimmer and return for feeding.
I can set water change cycle to turn off my skimmer and heaters.

I doubt you "need" a controller, but I think that the adjustability and customization available with a controller is a fantastic thing.

RAJOD
01/12/2014, 06:01 AM
Thanks for the input guys.

I'm thinking about having the ability to monitor the tank remotely. Things like water temp maybe even a web cam type set up.