PDA

View Full Version : Make a Magnavore 8 float?

scottwhitson
01/11/2014, 11:01 PM
We have a Magnavore 8 scraper and it works awesome but it doesn't float. Occasionally we will lose it into the sand when we are making the corners in the tank and then we have to go fishing for it and that isn't fun in a 30" deep tank. So does anyone have any great ideas on making this thing float or at least make it neutrally buoyant? What about one of the biggest floating magnet cleaners and sticking that to the back of the Magnavore? My main concern there is if the polarity of the magnets want to repel each other then that wouldn't work out. Any suggestions? If I remember right the wet side weighed a little over 2 LBS.

Redman88
01/12/2014, 09:54 AM
why not supper glue a 35" string with a fishing float to it. then if it drops you can just grab the string and pull it up and out of the water. or close the side of the tank and reconnect with the outside magnet

shifty51008
01/12/2014, 10:49 AM
glue styrofoam to the back of it, just enough to make it float.

scottwhitson
01/12/2014, 11:01 PM
I thought about styrofoam but was looking for some ideas that wouldn't look to bad if it was left in the tank. Also I don't want it to drop at all as this is an acrylic tank and if I get sand on the magnet I will scratch my tank.