PDA

View Full Version : New Guy W/ 29 biocube

Powers145
01/13/2014, 12:27 AM
Hello Reef Central!
My Names Powers, i joined here some time ago just not been active but i recentyl started a project that i didnt expect to be a project. i bought a 29g Biocube on CL wasnt leaking that i could see got it home and set up to cycle and 3 days into the cycle i see salt creep in the back corner... awesome its leaking, so after a lot of headaches i removed the back wall and found the leak in the corner, well all the silicone was lifting up so i order 2 tubes of rtv103 and sealed the entire tank and water tested it she passed and just finished installing the back wall a couple hours ago, only thing i did to the back wall was removed the floor out of chamber 1. i also derimmed the biocube and ordered an Evergrow 120w led fixture!!! not sure what to run yet for flow? any suggestions? I plan to do an LPS dominant tank but enough talk here are some pictures from the day she came home to how she sits now!

Powers145
01/13/2014, 12:31 AM
so the first pic was the day it came home i scraped coraline off the glass and white vinegar washed it for 2 days to get it clean then i derimmed it! 3rd pic is after i pulled back wall and resealed the tank and was water testing it then installed back wall and the NEW LED FIXTURE THE CROWN JEWL!!!!

First pic is sun mode 100% blues whites reds and purples and the second pic is just 100% blue. the light is fully controllable and even comes with a Remote!!!! so you can vamp the light up and down throughout the day