PDA

View Full Version : Strange Critter On Live Rock

Shane5four
01/13/2014, 03:32 PM
OK,

So my tank is going through an ugly phase. Its 3 months old. I see some occasional hair algae, some small bubble algae, and brown diatoms during the day.

ph 8.2
nitrate 10-15 ppm
nitrite 0
ammonia 0
calcium 400
spec grav 1.025
temp 78

20 gallon tank, marineland 200 filter biowheel removed and polyfilter added, eshopps nano skimmer. clown, royal gramma, yellow clown goby, and a few frags of corals.

Been working to try to get nitrates down... Less feeding, less light, good size weekly water changes.

Had my hammer coral wilt away on me today, Looks like it may have had brown slime disease. It happened very quickly, only noticed one day of it not looking well.

So was just staring into my tank a few minutes ago and i noticed a puff of white gunk come from an area of my live rock... Was shocked thinking ""What the heck was that??????" It looked like i just dropped a squirt of Oyster feast in the tank.

So i looked in the area and find some weird sort of critter... I just snapped two pictures but its hard to get a close up since its in the middle of the tank on the back side of rock. The creature is in the middle of the pictures. Has snail-ish movement.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

--todd

Arkayology
01/13/2014, 05:10 PM
They look like stomatella snails to me. The white puffs were them releasing sperm I believe.