PDA

View Full Version : Will He ... or Won't He??

DKKreef
01/14/2014, 10:21 AM
We have a RBT anemone that plays Houdini every night--he hides entirely behind a rock (up close to the return wall) as soon as the lights go out. He comes back out to pretty much the same spot each day when lights are on. Our Black & White Clownfish is becoming more and more interested in the anemone -- hovering over it, dipping down for a little nudge once in a while & really checking it out. My question is will the Clownfish host the anemone if it disappears very night? Will it host just in the period when the lights are on, or does the anemone have to be available 24/7?

Thanks.

Sugar Magnolia
01/14/2014, 01:31 PM
The anemone hosts the clownfish. To answer your question, yes if the clown does decide to use the anemone it will still hover over the area where the anemone goes in. Eventually the anemone should stay out of the hole it goes into.

kingpin9995
01/14/2014, 04:20 PM
I have a bta and it hides under a legde. I got clown and did get accepted by the nem and now the nem stays out all the time and has even moved closer to the edge of the rock for the clown to hop in.. That's probably what will happen with yours. My nem seems to have grown which is probably because it has expanded more for the clown and moved closer to the edge of the rock. Previously I never saw its foot, but now I can since the hosting took place.

saltwatrmadness
01/14/2014, 05:18 PM
We are thinking about an anemone for our pair of perulas

jskim4
01/15/2014, 08:56 AM
i just added a nem and a pair of clowns to my tank but the nem keeps moving and the clowns dont seem interested in the nem and stay in the back to hide is this normal!?!? im freaking out over it and dont want to put to much stress on them:uhoh2: