PDA

View Full Version : Outlets auto/off/on settings question

Jay Fortay
01/14/2014, 10:55 AM
I have my lights programmed through the variable speed port for color, intensity, and times. It seemed to run its entire program well yesterday. I was messing with the auto/off/on last night to show a friend. I apparently left both switches off last night so this morning, naturally, the lights didn't come on. I expected them to come back on when I switched the outlets back to auto at 9:40am, but they didn't. So my question is should I be able to switch to auto in the middle of a program and have the apex pick up where it should be in the program (9am-1pm)? Or should I not expect the lights to come on until 1:01pm when the next phase of the program begins?

Jay Fortay
01/14/2014, 11:09 AM
Strange, it is on now. Maybe my start intensity of 10 is too low? It may have taken almost an hour to ramp from 10 to whatever intensity it actually turned on at?

MetsFan618
01/19/2014, 04:54 PM
I have noticed that if I interrupt the program, and set my lights to off and then go back to auto, they will not go on until the 'on time' that I programmed. My solution is to set them to on and when they come back on set them to auto. That way they pick up where they left off.

Mark Bianco
01/19/2014, 05:07 PM
What happens with the Apex is when its in the program is interrupted it will go back and start ramping again. This is easily over come by adding another profile between the ramps. If for some reason it gets interrupted between 700 and 900 it will automatically turn on the value of the miday value. You are correct some drivers will not work under 10%

IF Time 06:00 To 07:00 Then Rampup
If Time 07:00 To 09:00 Then Miday
So On and so forth

Now for the profiles

Rampup
Start intensity 10
End intensity 30
Ramp Time 60 minutes

Mid day
Start intensity 30
End intensity 30
Ramp time 0 minutes