PDA

View Full Version : Ideas for a auto top off and water cycle.

Derds
01/14/2014, 01:57 PM
I had a idea for doing a auto top off and cycle for my current tank. Its small and I don't always have the time to do weekly water changes. I thought of using a gravity feed system using a 5 gallon jug pushing water into my tank using a irrigation spout to limit flow about 10 ml of water per hr. It would cycle threw a outlet water level into another 5 gallon container under my system. Though I cannot find a really adjustable dripper for it so far. Any one have ideas for a electronic or mechanical spout.

tommyz44
01/14/2014, 02:22 PM
I used to gravity feed with a 1 gallon milk jug. a small needle valve works good for adjusting the flow.

Derds
01/14/2014, 04:10 PM
Can you by chance send up a link to one? I keep finding larger ones.

Indymann99
01/14/2014, 04:20 PM
your evap rate will change with the season and your "fixed" dripper wont... I would go with a ATO system/ controller (float based) and a small pump (aqualifter). This will add the proper amount of top off water regardless of the evap rate.

Derds
01/14/2014, 04:38 PM
your evap rate will change with the season and your "fixed" dripper wont... I would go with a ATO system/ controller (float based) and a small pump (aqualifter). This will add the proper amount of top off water regardless of the evap rate.

My evap rate should be almost non existent. 2 gallon pico reef that is sealed.