PDA

View Full Version : Echinaster Luzonicus "orange sea star"

AndysReef
01/14/2014, 04:20 PM
Hello,
Wondering if anyone has this star? I saw it on live aquaria, it's listed as the "orange sea star". Can't seem to find much info on it, so I'm wondering:
Will it eat a deresa clam?
Is it hard to keep?
And if you have one, could you tell me how it's doing, how long you've had it, care, etc.
Thanks

AndysReef
01/14/2014, 05:02 PM
Anyone?

WGT1014
01/14/2014, 05:57 PM
I got the orange sea star from Live Aquaria about 2 weeks ago. It seems to be doing fine but from what I've read it could take months for it to starve so my experience at this point doesn't mean much. It does move around alot on the rock work and spends alot of time on the glass. Hopefully, it's eating. Also, when I feed the tank it moves down to the sand and grabs a bit.

AndysReef
01/14/2014, 08:19 PM
Good to know, let me know how it does

California Crow
10/08/2014, 04:45 AM
I got the orange sea star from Live Aquaria about 2 weeks ago. It seems to be doing fine but from what I've read it could take months for it to starve so my experience at this point doesn't mean much. It does move around alot on the rock work and spends alot of time on the glass. Hopefully, it's eating. Also, when I feed the tank it moves down to the sand and grabs a bit.

Can you give us an update? I'm also curious about this star.

CC

Coralful
11/16/2014, 10:51 PM
anybody have more info on this? I just got one properly acclimated and it hasnt left the same spot for couple hours now.