PDA

View Full Version : HLLE From LFS?

matty1551
01/14/2014, 05:12 PM
To start, I bought a juvenile Purple Tang Sunday evening. It had an appetite when I bought it and still does which is good.

However, I've noticed a whitish line going across its body and also Some white discoloration on its head above its eyes and above its mouth, which I'm concerned may be HLLE.

#1 How long does HLLE take to show up? Is it possible the Tang already had it when I purchased it from the store?

#2 If it is HLLE would it be appropriate to ask for a partial refund? I've never purchased such an expensive fish so the idea of it dying because of something that could be pre existing bothers me.

Here's a pic, you'll have to view it full size or zoom in to see. She's still a bit shy so hard to get a close up pic.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/01/15/tevanuge.jpghttp://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/01/15/u3e7a3uq.jpg

ali1
01/14/2014, 06:44 PM
Hlle is not neccessarily deadly. Keep good water quality and feed excellent foods and he should recover quickly.

Its very likely your tang had it at the store. Hlle is not instant, its a long term thing

You can ask for a partial refund, but hes gonna tell u its your problem you didnt check.

Dozer1one
01/14/2014, 07:45 PM
Before you put the algae strips in the tank make sure to soak it in a multi vitamin, something high in vitamin a and vitamin c, I just dealt with the exact same problem except I got the fish for free

matty1551
01/19/2014, 12:00 AM
Tang seems to be recovering pretty quickly so maybe not HLLE after all.

Think it would take longer to recover if it was. Is that correct?

Would love to share a good pic with you all but he's still skiddish anytime I get close to the tank.

Lateralus
01/19/2014, 12:17 AM
Good looking fishy. Good luck with her.

Dozer1one
01/19/2014, 06:43 AM
No they seem to recover quickly from the lateral line portion of it but when the start devolving hole in the head there is usually a longer healing process accompanied with scarring, lots of times they come from the lfs with the lateral line portion of the disease and instantly start healing when they get into our " better maintained "systems a lot of it has to do with what the lfs feeds vs what we feed them they tend to use a kind of catch all food that's not high in any vitamins, accompinied with being under stressful conditions there, whereas we are able to be more precise with our foods and conditions, keep an eye on it and start adding vitamin supplements if you see the problem come back.
Good luck