PDA

View Full Version : 3g rimless pico build, need some help!

The_Blenny357
01/14/2014, 07:08 PM
Hey guys, i ordered a JBJ 3g picotope 10 days ago and it finally got here yesterday! And i will have alot of questions.
Heres what i got for the tank-
Hydor theo 50W heater
Coralife electical thermometer
7lbs of aragonite
Marine land Penquin 100 HOB
5oz of chemi-pure

When i got the tank the filter that comes with it wouldnt start lol so thats why i got the marine land.
I used water from my 20g to make WCs easier, and added 3.5lbs of live rock from the 20 aswell, i was planning on some softies and invertebrates. Do you think the stock lighting will suffice? Its a 9W 50/50 flouresent. Also added seeded media so i can add some stock in a day or two. For stock here is what i was thinking-
1 fire or cleaner shrimp
2 dwarf zebra hermits
1 nassarius snail
1 banded trochus snail
1 red leg hermit
1 blue leg hermit
And for corals Various zoas, palys, and some ricordea and other shrooms.

Just a question, would there be any fish that could live in this small a tank? If not than thats fine, i got this tank for inverts anyway.
Heres a pic of the tank as of now260067

Also i have never used chemi-pure before but thought it may be usefull in a smaller tank, how much should i add? The whole bag? Also what does it do?

Thanks

(lol sorry for the pokemon cards in the pic, they are from way back when i was like 6-7 years old lol, dont know why i still have them)

The_Blenny357
01/14/2014, 07:27 PM
A few more Qs about chemi-pure, does it clear the water up? When should i add it?