PDA

View Full Version : Speedwave DC2640 shutting off

jedimaster1138
01/14/2014, 06:34 PM
I have a Speedwave DC2640 I got from you guys this past August. It's turning itself off for a few seconds every so often, randomly. I'm pretty sure the controller module stays on during the outages, sometimes I'm not quick enough to get over to the tank stand and look when I hear the pump turn off (which is audible because of the siphon breaks in my return line - they belch a little when the air enters)

Not sure what else to look at...I've verified that all the connections are solid. I pulled the pump apart, scrubbed it and gave it a vinegar soak.

The PSU is quite hot...not sure how normal that is, but yeah, it's nearly too hot to touch, for whatever that is worth.

I'm pretty majorly concerned...this is my return pump so...yeah. If it dies and doesn't turn back on in the middle of the night or when I'm not home, the tank is liable to freeze out as the heaters are in the sump and it's the dead of winter here...

Going to email you folks as well.

TIA

AquariumSpecialty
01/15/2014, 06:31 AM
We responded to your email before you posted this. Please check your email and/or call us.

Thank you,

jedimaster1138
01/15/2014, 09:58 AM
It looks like your original reply didn't make it to me. I don't know why. Wasn't in junk email or anything like that either. Bah. Stupid email. I sent another email to you. Sorry for the mix up.