PDA

View Full Version : ID the worm hitchhiker

lrs183
01/15/2014, 05:40 AM
Hey everyone,

I come to you all with my first true new critter find in a good week. Just before turning my light off after looking in the tank, I see this... thing. Ugh.. was a little horrifying at first for some reason. Normally I don't care but for some reason when I see worms I think auto bad.

When shining my light on it I could actually see its innerds moving. Light a gel going through its somewhat translucent body. Though I think it was this way due to a tight stretch. I didn't see bristles on it to relate it to a eunicid worm... but I could be wrong.

Anyways, pics of it stretched then when it released and went into the rock.

Pics may need rotated. It was going right to left. Not up and down.

Thank you in advance!

Sugar Magnolia
01/15/2014, 06:47 AM
Probably a peanut worm. Harmless.

auburnreefer110
01/15/2014, 08:03 AM
I have had one in my tank for 12 years now. Absolutely harmless

lrs183
01/15/2014, 02:27 PM
Yay! Thank you!

lrs183
01/19/2014, 01:54 PM
So coming back to this. Are peanut worms usually pretty stationary in their movement around the tank? It's almost like clockwork now. I turn out the lights, wait an hour or so, come back and I can 'always' see it stretched out like in the photos above in that same spot. Every single night.

Still think its the same thing? Sorry for reviving a finished thread. But I figured I would inquire while I have a pretty solid idea of where it's at. Doesn't seem to be harming anything still and just stretches out like that every night. Very weird, lol.