PDA

View Full Version : New 17.1 Gallon Mr. Aqua Build

BAETech2004
01/16/2014, 07:43 PM
Hello all,
I had to get out of the hobby a few months back and now am looking to get back into the groove. I was forced to sell my 75 gallon setup because of work.I am going to go much smaller this time around, and am looking for some ideas on equipment from a few forums I frequent. Here is the equipment I have considered so far, please feel free to add any input!

Tank:Mr Aqua Low Iron 17.1 Gallon tank
Filtration: Aqua Clear 70(Chemical filtration) GAC,GFO
HOB CPR Aquafuge 2 Small refugium(2.5 gallons)Macro/LR/Sand
15-20 Lbs. Dry rock(supplement with some LR to seed
Heater: Undecided, looking into Titanium
Stand:Custom Built with Granite top
Lighting: Nanobox Duo
ATO: Undecided, would like at least 5 gallons in stand. Also heard about new ATO that don't use float switches??! Anyone heard of these?
Controller: Apex(possibly JR) or even a RKL
Water Movement: AC 70, and a MP10

Looking to stock Mostly corals, Zoa Garden, Florida Rics, Acans, and other LPS. Also thinking of trying some Rock Flower Nems this time around as opposed to the BTAs(get larger than I want).I plan to stay away form SPS this time other than maybe a few encrusting Montis(Tequila Sunrise, Superman). Livestock will be sparse as I am mostly interested in a coral tank this time. Likely a Pistol/Goby pair(Hi-fin or Yasha), snails, a shrimp, maybe one more small fish. Right now I am at 670.00 for the equipment and 450.00 for the lighting., looking to keep it around 1200.00 or less(more money for livestock goodies. haha)Any suggestions would be great!:spin1: