PDA

View Full Version : trouble with ACQ110 controller connecting to my PC

cottagereefer
01/17/2014, 07:20 AM
I bought a second hand Aquatronica controller and need some help setting it up. It lights up and seems to work when plugged into the power bar and it somehow managed to update to version 9.0 of the software, I am guessing through the Ethernet module that I got to work. I didn't come with the start up CD so I downloaded it from the website.
1)I can't get it to connect to my PC. It works fine on the power bar. PC Window 7. It has a sideways insert CDROM so cant use the little cd's that came with it.
2)The dosing pumps are connected to the power bar but won't turn on. I have tried to press the buttons etc. but no luck.

Thanks!

nickjj
01/18/2014, 08:16 AM
To start I would suggest that you only connect the controller to one plug bar and nothing else. Make sure it is up and running then plug one device in at a time. The controller will automatically recognize whatever was plugged in and name it for you. You can change the names later if you want.

This way you will know that everything is talking to the controller and you can then manage it from the controller. You don't necessarily need the pc connection to get the system working. It can all be done from the controller itself the pc interface just makes it easier to manage and set schedules, etc.

Do you have access to the dosing pump menu on the controller to see if all the pumps are active?

cottagereefer
01/20/2014, 06:59 AM
Thanks for your response. I figured out that the dosing pump power adapter was broken. I replaced it with another one and it works!
Now another issue has crept up. I set my dosing pump schedule and monitored it for half a day with water and it ran fine so I started dosing for Alk. I checked it for the rest of the day and it was working great. It was working in the morning and then all if a sudden it started dosing constantly at the highest speed. I cleared the program on the controller and the pump kept going. I unplugged the USB from the dosing pump and it didn't stop! I had to unplug it from the power unit.
Have you ever had this before?

nickjj
01/20/2014, 10:00 AM
I've never had that issue with the dosing pump.
You might want to check that the little button on the dosing pump that you can press to turn the pump on is not stuck for some reason.

Did you do a calibration of the each pump before you started the programs?

cottagereefer
01/20/2014, 03:10 PM
Yes. They are calibrated. They just started pumping all on their own. I've sent a few emails to their support account but have yet to hear anything in about a week.

RobbyG
01/28/2014, 02:54 PM
Write down what is inside all your programs, unplug everything and reset the controller then plug in the power bar, label it and do that for each piece one by one. Then go back in and put back your programs and alarms.

Your problem is probably some old piece of code that is stuck in memory and a reset is the best way to get rid of it.

nickjj
01/28/2014, 04:21 PM
I actually used my Iphone to take a picture of all the screens on the controller so I can reference them if I ever needed to redo any programming.