PDA

View Full Version : Cycling done!

Dan90
01/17/2014, 10:22 PM
28 days and just finished cycling. Thinking about first fish. I think a blue reef chromis then next month a twin spot gobie. Then a couple corals in maybe four more months so tank should be pretty stable. Once coral is established I want a pair of oc clowns. Next a coral beauty then just more coral. Have not really planned out my coral yet but softies and lps no sps anytime soon. I really want a nice mix of color but natural looking too. Tank is 90g. What do you guys think.

nlgill13
01/17/2014, 10:34 PM
What are your parameters?

Sounds good, I can't say I would ever be able to completely plan out what coral I would get. Personally its fun for me to go into an LFS and just find new stuff.

Anyway good luck

CamDAX
01/18/2014, 01:07 AM
Nice job Dan!

I just finished my cycle a few days ago two! I went with a purple dottyback as my first fish. Hey what fish store do you go to? I was wondering because live in the bay area as well.

CoralReeForrest
01/18/2014, 01:27 AM
Awesome! Don't forget a QT tank! My first fish is going to be a pair of fire fish! Soon!

Dan90
01/18/2014, 07:43 PM
My param is
Ammonia 0
Nitrites 0
Nitrates 5

I am modifying my sump to make it bigger and add a separate refug. I am also building a power box so I will have switches for each component. Once that is done I will do a 50% water change. My qt tank is ready too. I am exercising control to not buy anything until I am done with modifications. Actually went to lfs today and only bought a bulk head for my fuge.

Dan90
01/18/2014, 07:44 PM
Nice job Dan!

I just finished my cycle a few days ago two! I went with a purple dottyback as my first fish. Hey what fish store do you go to? I was wondering because live in the bay area as well.
I go to All About Fish in pleasant hill. It is really close. I haven't checked out anywhere else yet. Where do you go.

CamDAX
01/18/2014, 08:33 PM
You should post pics of your seltup!!

I go to All About Fish in pleasant hill. It is really close. I haven't checked out anywhere else yet. Where do you go.

I am still deciding on who is the best. I have checked out All about fish & Concord Aquarium. My How do you evaluate your LFS quality? (http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2368851) thread #1 was CA and #2 was AAF. I need to check out other places around here. I think I will check out Diablo Corals next. So far you are the only person I have found who lives near me. I keep you posted on my experiences at the LFS.

barnett8
01/18/2014, 08:36 PM
Be careful with the twin spot, they can be finicky eaters

Dan90
01/18/2014, 09:50 PM
Any tips on taking care of it.

CoralReeForrest
01/18/2014, 10:16 PM
My param is
Ammonia 0
Nitrites 0
Nitrates 5

I am modifying my sump to make it bigger and add a separate refug. I am also building a power box so I will have switches for each component. Once that is done I will do a 50% water change. My qt tank is ready too. I am exercising control to not buy anything until I am done with modifications. Actually went to lfs today and only bought a bulk head for my fuge.

Why wouldn't you but something? Finishing stuff up is the perfect time to have your first fish or two in your QT For its few weeks of checking them out.

Dan90
01/18/2014, 11:55 PM
Just going to order from live aquaria next week and will have all changes done probably tomorrow. Went to lfs today but I want a blue reef chromis and he had green. I want to start with chromis as they are hardy and I know my tank will go through some maturing over next few months