PDA

View Full Version : Connecting to Apex now pump is dead

WestTexasReefer
01/18/2014, 05:24 PM
I have an older MP40w that have run great for 5 years now. I recently bought an Apex and the WXM module to control the Vortech's. According to their manual I updated the WXM and also on the module. The pumps I have based on how it flashes when powered on is version 2.2 so they need to be updated to 3.1. I followed instructions in Apex manual to update the firmware and it was flashing red/white so I assumed it was done. I powered it off and back on to see what version and now the pump light is solid red and not working. I tried to update another one and it has no lights and is not working. I have tried powering on and off, holding the set and mode button and powering on, tried holding set and mode while powered on and nothing responds. Is there a way to reset the pump? At this point I would just like to have te pumps working again and forget about controlling with Apex.

jfuka78
01/18/2014, 05:55 PM
Then delete the virtual outlet and do a reset on the pump, if you do not have a virtual outlet then it is not attached.

WestTexasReefer
01/18/2014, 06:01 PM
It never attached. I never got that far. I need to upgrade the firmware on the pumps from 2.2 to 3.1 first and that is where I ran into problems. One pump the light is solid red and one has no lights. I haven't been able to do a reset. When I hold down set and mode it never gets to where it is flashing red/white/blue. It doesn't respond at all. There must be a way to do a hard reset on the older models.

Alex Y EcoTech
01/20/2014, 07:33 AM
WestTexas,

I would recommend powering down both the VorTechs and the Apex system. Next only power on your MP40w's to see if this corrects the issue.

WestTexasReefer
01/20/2014, 07:44 AM
Even though they were never paired up? I will try iy when I get back home.
Thanks