PDA

View Full Version : Stocking list for 150g long

Reel North
01/18/2014, 08:12 PM
Hey all. Still cycling away (day 10 or 11).

Obviously not puting any fish in at this early stage, but am trying to avoid the "gotta have it" syndrome at the LFS!!

I definitely am getting 2 clowns (thanks NEMO) and beyond that, I have no commitments for fish.

I plan on doing a LPS (?) (torches, hammers etc) and softies reef with fish.

My tank is 72 L x 18 w x 27 h 150g.

Im lit with radions and have about 150 -170 lbs of rock in there, or slightly more.

I absolutely LOVE triggers (Blue throats I read are best)

Also love Naso tangs.

Do you all have any suggestions for a LONG TERM stocking list. Im not very interested in buying fish that I will need to sell once they "get too big". I dont really think its fair to the fish.

What types of fish do you have experience with that will work well in a tank of this size

Thanks

barnett8
01/18/2014, 08:29 PM
Some people might tell you that you can't have a trigger in an LPS tank because they will nip corals. Honestly, it depends on the individual I currently have a puffer in my reef and he has been a model citizen.

As for the Naso tang you can probably get away one due to the length of your tank.

As for other fish suggestions it is really up to you. If I had that size tank I would probably get a shoal of lyretail anthias (but thats just me). :D

rich850
01/18/2014, 08:35 PM
The pink tailed trigger shouldn't bother corals but will hunt down shrimp and other clean up crew members.

Reel North
01/18/2014, 08:39 PM
definitely want some shrimp in there. Pink is FIRED lol

rich850
01/21/2014, 04:18 AM
Well any trigger is going to get some shrimp.

Reel North
01/21/2014, 07:55 AM
I know. I always pray I find the one trigger that wont chew them up !!

Odds are good I will avoid the trigger. Dang

What is all of YOUR fave fish that are kind to others and corals?

Politiceaux
01/21/2014, 09:25 AM
The Naso, once fully grown, will be 1/4 the length of your tank and as long as your tank is wide (18").

fishroomlady
01/21/2014, 09:39 AM
I really like tangs, in particular the yellow, kole, purple, and sailfin. I also really like my coral banded butterfly. There are other butterflys that are generally reef safe I believe. I love the flame hawk fish. Yellow watchman goby with pistol shrimp combo. Also, there are quite a few very colorful and reef safe wrasses out there. You just need to make sure to have a cover on your tank because they can be jumpers. Dwarf angels (flame, potters', pygmy, coral beauty) are listed as reef safe with caution.