PDA

View Full Version : Am I Crazy?

ggrillo
01/19/2014, 08:58 AM
I just recently finished upgrading my 55 gallon reef tank to a 105g (48x21x24tall) and I hate it. It's in my bedroom and as much as I like the size, I think it's just too much. The tank is old and I feel like the seams are going to bust any day, I lost all my SPS during the transfer, and just this week I had a full blow ich outbreak.

Anyways, I think I want to tear the whole thing down and set up a nano reef in its place. I started this hobby with a 10g, then a 20, then a 55, and now the big 105. All of which were transfers. I want to start completely from scratch and let the tank go through its new cycle. I'm thinking a 40B would be the biggest I would go. I can use all my equipment I have now so the only thing I would need would be the new tank, a stand, and a sump.

Biggest problem, for me is that I want to keep my clownfish pair and a pygmy angel I have, along with a couple surviving corals. What could I do with them while a new tank is cycling? The 105 would have to be taken down before I could even get started on a new build.

Saltydrip
01/19/2014, 09:28 AM
Set your 55 back up somewhere it won't be in the way and put your livestock in there. Just keep an eye on chemistry. Then set up the dream tank in its new home. Let everything cycle and then move everything in.

Don't worry about the initial question... We are all crazy on here.

danderso
01/19/2014, 09:49 AM
LOL. Yep all crazy on here. I identify with your feelings completely. Nanos are cool too.