PDA

View Full Version : Aquascaping question...rock piles

Fisher2014
01/19/2014, 01:32 PM
I am doing a simple aquascaping by stacking the rock and letting gaps and crevices form for the tank residents to enjoy. I am choosing rocks that have natural odd shapes, branches, curves, round rocks and some that are flatter so that they do not fit tightly together. I do have base rock sunken down into the sand so that the show pieces do not sink and I have a pvc frame work in the sand to assist in steadying the base of the piles. I won't be adding any large fish due to my smaller tank size so I didn't want to build a framework to create large caves and curves. I am concerned about a rock slide when I add some of the larger snails and fish. What can I use to safely bind the rocks to each other? Is there something that can safely be worked with underwater that will not harm the hitch hikers that are living in the tank (2 crabs, a few small hermit crabs, several assorted snail species and hopefully 1 small Goby type fish pending his survival).

Maxxumless
01/19/2014, 01:59 PM
Yes, you can use this stuff. I've also seen people use zip ties (snip off the extra) to bind rocks in the back and cement the front ones together.

Link... (http://www.marinedepot.com/Two_Little_Fishies_AquaStik_Stone_Grey_2_oz._Reef_Glue_Epoxy_Putty_for_Saltwater_Aquariums-Two_Little_Fishies-TL1613-FIMTEP-TL1615-vi.html)

Fisher2014
01/19/2014, 02:08 PM
Awesome thanks and it even fits into the budget :)

fishroomlady
01/19/2014, 03:01 PM
and that doesn't happen often :)

Fisher2014
01/19/2014, 03:12 PM
Especially in this hobby lol.