PDA

View Full Version : A question about the future for ReefLink

SkimHeavy
01/19/2014, 02:22 PM
Ecotech, I have a question about ReefLink and I hope to get more of an answer than the famous:

"Ecotech has a policy of not commenting on products or services that may or may not be in development".

I am in the market to buy a controller for my heaters, pH, temp, and ORP. I also am going to start dosing Ca, alk, & Mag with a dosing system.

Is there a plan at ANY time to expand the CURRENT ReefLink to be capable of those functions?

I have gone 12 years without a controller and can patiently wait if this in the future as some rumors suggest. If not I am going to buy something like an Apex. I would sure hate to buy an Apex just to find that your product will eventually do the same thing.

I have 2 Radion Pros and MP40 pumps, and I would would love an expanded version of ReefLink and ESL over and Apex or similar.

I am certainly NOT asking for a time table if a full fledged controller is indeed in the works.

Thank you!

Eastamherstbias
01/19/2014, 05:21 PM
Ha, you will never get that answer from Ecotech. It is like asking Apple when that pesky Apple TV is being released or how big the iPhone 6 screen will be. Right now the reef link can control the lights and in the near future the pumps.
They are a forward thinking company with people who are constantly looking down the road at potential growth opportunities and it seems like a controller would be the way to go so that they can go up against the giant that is Neptune and all that they control.
That being said I would like a controller as well.

Alex Y EcoTech
01/20/2014, 07:38 AM
SkimHeavy,

Like you mentioned, I am unable to comment on the future of the ReefLink or any EcoTech Marine product(s). That being said, the ReefLink is a revolutionary platform and future EcoTech Marine products will interface with the ReefLink.