PDA

View Full Version : Is my clownfish sick?????

Kaman8
01/21/2014, 11:04 AM
This morning i noticed something strange with my clownfish. Her gill is swollen up with some white. I was looking for an answer on internet , but can't find anything about it. Hope someone can tell me what it is, thanks.

http://i876.photobucket.com/albums/ab325/kamanchoi/IMG_4288_zpsd7cb34cc.jpg

http://i876.photobucket.com/albums/ab325/kamanchoi/IMG_4293_zps5fc4bcdb.jpg

http://i876.photobucket.com/albums/ab325/kamanchoi/IMG_4292_zps0fb07110.jpg

http://i876.photobucket.com/albums/ab325/kamanchoi/IMG_4293_zps5fc4bcdb.jpg

mvazz425@yahoo.
01/21/2014, 11:45 AM
I have true perculas, it looks like his coloration is great...lines arent faded or flaky. Just that obvious white spot near his fin..is it solid or a little transparent...maybe ich...not sure.

Kaman8
01/21/2014, 12:34 PM
I have true perculas, it looks like his coloration is great...lines arent faded or flaky. Just that obvious white spot near his fin..is it solid or a little transparent...maybe ich...not sure.

i am pretty sure that is not ich. It's much bigger.
What i have noticed these days that this clownfish is getting bigger and bigger then my other clownfish. I think it's changing to female

Kaman8
01/21/2014, 02:45 PM
Bump

Mikelush78
01/21/2014, 03:15 PM
I have had the same thing on my clown and it went way after a few days... never figured out what it was...

Kaman8
01/21/2014, 05:12 PM
I have had the same thing on my clown and it went way after a few days... never figured out what it was...

Hope it will be good with my clown

Kaman8
01/21/2014, 11:07 PM
Bump

bromdad
01/21/2014, 11:09 PM
Looks like lymphocystis. Do some research on the web and you will probably be able to "cure" it. I say cure, because it is a virus that may remain dormant with no sysmptoms.

Kaman8
01/22/2014, 12:57 AM
Looks like lymphocystis. Do some research on the web and you will probably be able to "cure" it. I say cure, because it is a virus that may remain dormant with no sysmptoms.

A few months ago my angelfish had lymphocytes , it was all over the fins and not on the gill. So I am not sure if it's lymp.

agnes66666
01/22/2014, 01:20 AM
hello. I have got the same problem on my angelfish. How is your clownfish now? I was treating my angel with cupramine for velwet disease and when all spot were gone, this white poss come out ..and after a day were gone. The next day new white poss show up in diffrent place..not sure what i should do?

Kaman8
01/22/2014, 01:09 PM
hello. I have got the same problem on my angelfish. How is your clownfish now? I was treating my angel with cupramine for velwet disease and when all spot were gone, this white poss come out ..and after a day were gone. The next day new white poss show up in diffrent place..not sure what i should do?

If it's on the fins of the angelfish then it's lymp and it will heal by itself in a few months

scenaria
01/22/2014, 01:54 PM
I may be way off base but could this be a Gill Fluke?

agnes66666
01/22/2014, 10:27 PM
[QUOTE=Kaman8;22344991]If it's on the fins of the angelfish then it's lymp and it will heal by itself in a few months[

i am real happy to hear that..POss on my angel looks much smaller then on your clown. at first it looks like she have got small grain inside her skin, then this white poss coming out , and stays on her skin for a while and then is gone....and then new one show up in another place! fish is eating better then ever before-. this is young fish, i got from online dealer a month ago.

Cdodge1
01/22/2014, 11:49 PM
Is the clownfish exhibiting any signs of distress? rapid breathing, sluggishness, loss of appetite, or darting?

agnes66666
01/23/2014, 12:54 AM
If it's on the fins of the angelfish then it's lymp and it will heal by itself in a few months

:wavehand:
at the start my angelfish had small scare like on his side(he got that when i purchase him), at that time it look like some old scare and it was almoust not visable. When my angel become sick-white spot or velvet ( at the start i thought that it was white spot,but after couple of days i suspecter velvet..) I used copper treatment =Seachem cupramine.After a week velvet/ich was gone, but then I noticed that this small scare looks now like a lump, actually 4 small lumps growing close to each other. Next day lumps become a bit bigger,and the next day this lumps looked like white dot-poss.It look exactly like on your clown,but mine were smaller. Those white dots-poss-spots were gone the next day.Now there is small scare, but it looks like is healing! 2 days after that was gone i noticed another lump- on her gill,close to lips! and again - next day after i noticed new lump , lump becomed white spot-poss. Yesterday it was there, but today hopefully will be gone! aga

Kaman8
01/23/2014, 01:34 PM
Is the clownfish exhibiting any signs of distress? rapid breathing, sluggishness, loss of appetite, or darting?

Everything is normal . Swimming happy and eat a lot. It's been 3 days now and it's still there. It's not getting bigger or smaller, still the same size .

agnes66666
01/23/2014, 11:59 PM
today all spots-poss were gone on my angel, i am waiting if new one show up!