PDA

View Full Version : issues with micro bubbles with sca 302 skimmer, need help

solarwrx
01/23/2014, 11:32 AM
i been fighting this for over a week now with no luck,

had to transfer the skimmer to the refeguim area of the sump and install a pre filter so it gives some more time for the bubbles to dissapate.

also the water height is between 7 and 10 inches in the water, will the height affect the micro bubbles ?

the micro bubbles are coming out of the exit pipe and are collecting at the bottom of the skimmer.

maybe another week for break in ? or just return it for something else ?

any help with this issue will be greatly apreciated !

reefez85032
01/23/2014, 12:53 PM
i been fighting this for over a week now with no luck,

had to transfer the skimmer to the refeguim area of the sump and install a pre filter so it gives some more time for the bubbles to dissapate.

also the water height is between 7 and 10 inches in the water, will the height affect the micro bubbles ?

the micro bubbles are coming out of the exit pipe and are collecting at the bottom of the skimmer.

maybe another week for break in ? or just return it for something else ?

any help with this issue will be greatly apreciated !

Mine did the same thing for a couple weeks. At the time I had it set up in a tub with just rock and it stayed there for quite a while so the bubbles never bothered me. The unit is now in my sump and no micro bubbles at all. I have mine in 8-1/2" of water, there is a huge thread on this skimmer, most people have been really happy with it.

diciple
01/23/2014, 02:42 PM
Bubbles will subside couple weeks
Just new skimmer thing
Also water level should be stable not up and down
For optimum performance

solarwrx
01/24/2014, 01:37 PM
thanks for your help guys

hopefully another week it will iron itself out.

MikeReef79
01/24/2014, 01:49 PM
Its frusterating, but my Reef Octopus 3000 did it for about a week and a half...then just stopped, No Clue why