PDA

View Full Version : Fish trap&transport order: 10" Cowfish, Comme seahorse, shrimp, yellow fish

Daenerys
01/24/2014, 12:57 PM
Ok, guys, what order should I catch them
for bringing them to the LFS whom I called and they agreed to take them
(I'll keep the shrimp).
My idea : get some tank water in 4 buckets with lids,
1 battery airstone for the Cowfish
1.Seahorse
2.Shrimp
3.Cowfish
4.Yellow fish (probably small tang) who hides in the rocks I suspect due to the big bully Cowfish.

Also since the lights has been off for some time, I will not turn them on and cover the buckets w/towels while at home.

Do you recommend 2 nets or a container for the cowfish? and gloves.
I plan to feed them frozen Formula1 food first to get them close - good idea? The cowfish will come for a feeding, I can tell.
What veggies can I entice her with? She will be easy to catch then.
Thank you.

clay12340
01/24/2014, 02:57 PM
I'd recommend gloves for all of it. Personally, I'd take the cowfish out first since you said earlier he was trying to bite you. Also catching a 10" fish in a 50 gallon is probably going to be the easiest task you'll have to deal with.

After that I'd move out the seahorse if he cooperates and get started on your shrimp.

If you're after a small tang in my experience you almost have to remove the rock to catch them, and even then they can be tricky if they don't want to be caught. Anything small and fast is a nightmare if it doesn't want to cooperate, and that's going to kick up sand, dirt, and everything else which will make finding the other stuff really hard.

Daenerys
01/24/2014, 03:16 PM
That's why I wanted to feed the fish, maybe they are hungry. Also use food as bait.
Cowfish will be easiest to catch- slow. She will get in a way since she doesn't afraid.
T-shirt and gloves, and apron .
I thought I'd have to remove the rocks as tang was behind them the whole hour I was there.

Daenerys
01/24/2014, 06:55 PM
The tank condition is no concern, I will shut everything off and move it to my house in a couple of days. It has a lot of brown algae, will have to cycle that thing. It was a CL sale, abandoned by a tenant in a rental house.

julie180
01/25/2014, 05:07 AM
Catch them as you can. I don't think the order matters