PDA

View Full Version : new full spectrum aquamana

codyreed29
01/24/2014, 03:52 PM
What do you guys think. I am considering this instead of diy with the cost of shipping and amount of light plus soldering diy doesn't compare. 100 for 12 3w vs 125 foll a lot more

this is like a cheap radion huh dimmable ?

AQUAMANA 156W COB LED Full Spectrum Aquarium Light Panel with Two 78W COB Modules for Coral, Reef & Fish (Full Spectrum)

by Aquamana

Be the first to review this item

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Price: $129.95

In Stock.

Ships from and sold by FBA King.

Size: Full Spectrum

•Customizable Modern Illumination: Aquamana's Dimmable 156W COB LED Full Spectrum Aquarium Lights with two COB LED Modules (78W each COB) provide the ideal environment for your aquatic habitat. Each of our light fixtures are easy to use and install. Our Dimmable 156W COB LED panel offers 2 dimmable switches allowing you 3 unique settings. Suitable for freshwater fish and plants as well as saltwater fish and coral systems.
•Circuit on Board Technology: This new technology depicts bare LED chips placed directly on the PCB, then wired bonded, to produce its lighting effects. By placing 26 powerful 3 watt LEDs inside one COB module, this setup will significantly increase the lighting area compared to your typical LED setup.
•Green Product: Aquamana's LED Light System is powered by energy-saving LEDs designed to provide a longer life in addition to being energy efficient and environment-friendly. Unlike traditional incandescent light bulbs that operate at around 20% energy efficiency, LED lighting boosts an estimated 80-90% of its energy converted to light.
•Natural Light Replica: Aquamana's Dimmable 156W COB LED panel are designed to imitate a natural sunrise or sunset glow underwater. The lighting creates shimmer and shade in your aquarium to add visual capacity and increase its realistic feel.
•Sturdy and Versatile: Aquamana's LED System dependability makes it ideal for various aquatic ecosystems and marine organisms. Our Lighting System operates on a simple "plug-and-play" system, requiring no other accessories. The LED panel can be hung above the tank directly with no scorching at all. The hanging kit is securely designed to keep aquatic plants and animals safe and content in their marine habitat

RCHI
01/29/2014, 09:58 AM
Awesome finally a no disco inexpensive led light. I have been thinking of getting the same light but I don't want to be the 1st to try these out. I was wondering if they have put enough cooling into these COB type lights since all the DIY COB style builds seem to use massive CPU type coolers. I also think that 14 white to 8 Blue LED would be to yellow at a 36/64% blue /white ratio under 10000k ok for freshwater but not for a reef . Make sure Blue led is in the right spectrum of 450-465nm wavelength too. I like a 15000 k look and if I order these lights I am going to request the following for a approx 14300k look
Channel A
2 pc 410 nm violet
2 pc 465-485nm blue
10 pc 450-465nm royal blue
Channel B
1 pc green 520nm (just for color , check vivid aquariums massive led display dimmed way down)
2 pc red 660nm
9 pc cool white
Notice I got reds and greens on whites channel, this is because I like to see a blue only when ramping up down lights and if red greens where on that channel it would make it whitish, red+ green+ blue= white, I wish they added a third or forth channel to keep reg green violet separate but I guess for $130.00 its a deal

Based on major name brand Led makers I have calculated the following blue/ white ratio to K values
every 3.33%=1000k
40/60% =10000k
43/57% =11000k
47/53% =12000k
50/50% =13000k
53/47% =14000k
57/43% =15000k see tank 58/42%http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2145724
60/40% =16000k
67/33% =18000k (radium metal halide)

Hope this helps , pz post updates and buy a laser temp gauge ( at Harbor freight got mine for $9.99) to check LED temps and post that too

Zer0.
07/14/2014, 11:08 AM
I know this is an old old thread, but did you guys ever try these? Im looking at the new version that has the added 3 blue LED's. Also how do you control the time on these? Thanks

RCHI
08/28/2014, 03:28 PM
I have yet to try the light as on E bay one seller said custom version was available and we have failed to communicate with each other( the custom layout form) in 3 months per seller based on E bays ban on E mail exchange. So at this stage I'm waiting for said form. As far as the newer COB Light with added 3 blue LEDs from the pictures it looks like COB led is all on one channel and 3 blues are on other channel ,I feel it works more like a lower power moonlight (2.2watts *3 =6.6 watts ) might look a little better than the older version with all LEDs on high (still under 10000k) but still not enough blue for my desired 15,000 k look

New light Colors
28 white + (4 blue +4 green+4 red=)12 white = 40 whites
16 blues -4 Blue (cancelled by green & red)+ 3 new blues=15 blue
73%white /22% blue

nameissoftlover
11/09/2014, 01:48 PM
they have a newer version out. was still curious.

nameissoftlover
11/11/2014, 08:48 PM
So the test begins... Give the corals a week to adjust.. Then I will take pictures weekly for several months.. Left side is the aquamana 165w cob led fixture. Right side is the black box 165 watt full spectrum.. Let the test begin... During the next few months I will not be adjusting power or time cycles..

Cap107
11/19/2014, 09:06 AM
Thanks for sharing nameissoftlover, not much information about these fixtures. How are you liking the cob fixture so far? What settings are you running at while acclimating and how hot does the fixture run? I am assuming the unit has a full finned heat sink as far as I can tell from the pictures. Can you confirm?

nameissoftlover
11/19/2014, 09:09 AM
Fixture has 3 cooling fans, so far corals are very reactive, open faster under cob, I added Monti cap under both sides to judge that way,

I acclimated by dimming to lowest setting for two weeks, then turned up couple days ago,

Overall so far I like the cob better, but time will tell, the moon lights are nicer and not fake blue

nameissoftlover
11/19/2014, 09:11 AM
The cob I feel would be comparable to two kessil 150, the color is more white (not yellow) and has better controls,

nameissoftlover
11/19/2014, 09:18 AM
Once test is over, I will be modding a fixture to hook to my reefkeaper via alc controller for sunrise sunset.. The cob would do that better imo

auburn7
11/19/2014, 11:09 AM
I was wondering if the 3 "moonlight" (3 watt) LED's are Cree? Also what are the optics on these?

Thanks,

RCHI
11/20/2014, 03:17 AM
I was told by an E bay vendor that I could order custom mixed version (red on white channel, no green but with U.V. ), it toke them 6 months of back and forth E mails to get my answer of $160.00 each fixture min 2pc order all the way from China and that gave me no confidence that it would be to my liking, in the mean time Amazon put stock model on sale for $109.95 so I ordered 1 for testing and I was so impressed that I ordered a 2nd unit.
So far this is what I have noticed :

White channel is way more blue (12K ish?) than my 250 watt XM10k on a ice cap ballast with spiderlight reflector also 2nd unit seems even bluer but hard to tell since it is not mounted on tank yet. 64 watts used tested with kill a watt meter. Note: stock is a 10k white special order had up to a 18k white who knows how blue that would look?

Blue channel is a purplish blue white and does make white channel excite glow so if your goal is to use it as night dusk effect may not work also other reviewers have noticed the red disco effect I only noticed that when shinning at a wall not in my tank or sand bed but then again I have a 30" tall tank (although I do see some disco at night with 4 blue plus 8 royal blue with 60 deg optics on my custom strip) when looking at light from the front the reflectors do seem to be the cause of the disco complain since at certain angles you see red LED multiplied a lot more, reflectors also seem to be a much tighter angle than the unit with 3 separate moonlights. 54 watts used tested with kill a watt meter.

I have both channels running at about 75% (about 90 watts combined)and love the combined approx 14k color I get. When dimming below 25% the lights flicker also the fans on one light turn on as soon as LED is on and on the other fixture the fan comes on at about 20% (hope not a defect). My corals seem to be brighter and more open also my 2 year old fight with red slime algae seems to have changed for the better on one side of the tank with Aquamana LED. Heatsinks are at 92 degrees with 71 ambient temperature measured with a Cen Tech infrared thermometer.

(note: did not get the unit with 3 moonlights as that unit does not allow for color spectrum change since one dimmer is for moonlights and other is for the main cob LED plus I already have a 12 X 3watt Blue Cree LED custom strip but this was before testing when I thought it was going to be to white and would have to dim whites to around 20% but this is not the case since I have both channels at about the same level )

Wanted to post pics but having trouble with URL type of posting.

nameissoftlover
11/20/2014, 05:21 AM
Nice lay out. I think the new fixturesb they fixed the reflector issue , on mine both dimmers operate the main lights one for colors and blue and other for just white, the moon lights are on the second plug and have just a switch to turn them on or off. Not sure what LEDs they are but they run at 3 watt. My fans also do not come on unless your past 20%, bit does not seem to effect anything

RCHI
11/24/2014, 12:35 PM
I have now installed my 2nd Aquamana fixture and the white channel is much bluer on 1 fixture I would say that 1 fixture has a 10k white and the other has a 14k white. I may swap one chip (Hope I don't have stripes) on each fixture because I have the 10k channel turned down to match colors , Anyone ever looked into changing the LED chip ?

codyreed29
11/24/2014, 05:24 PM
I should blend make sure you swap the left fixture right side with the right fixtures left side LOL. 14k 10k 14k 10k

RCHI
11/28/2014, 12:51 PM
I should blend make sure you swap the left fixture right side with the right fixtures left side LOL. 14k 10k 14k 10k

Yea maybe I get a 12k white mix since one fixture has a white channel that is too blue and another fixture has a white channel that is too white for my taste. I am going to get a 3rd fixture hopefully that one is just right from the factory.

Anyone else notice that white channel varies in color from fixture to fixture?

I suspect an attempted quick fix for complains on light being too white (they really have a hard time understanding that the red and green LEDs should be on white channel ) since when I was trying to custom order they had another stock option on the shelf with 18k white LEDS instead of 10K white LEDS.

Fyi colors on one fixture 10k ish white, 16k ish blue,
2nd fixture 14k ish white, 16k ish blue.

explorer07
12/02/2014, 08:17 PM
So which one do you like the cob or the other one? Im about to order 2 of them.

nameissoftlover
12/03/2014, 02:31 AM
So which one do you like the cob or the other one? Im about to order 2 of them.
The cob is more natural lighting
. in will update a picture on Thursday

alwaysthirsty
12/03/2014, 04:56 PM
I have 3 of these and they seem to work and look great. I have the one with the moonlights like *softlover. I also just mod one of them to be controlled by my Apex. It ramps up and down just like any programmable LED which is awesome. I'm looking to mod the other 2 tonight. I'll post some pictures later. I'm pretty happy about the outcome.

nameissoftlover
12/03/2014, 05:58 PM
How hard was the mod... And how was it done .. Genericly speaking.. I have an alc for reefkeeper

alwaysthirsty
12/03/2014, 09:27 PM
Was fairly trivial thanks to O2Surplus's - he's a member here - analog to PWM converter. These lights are dimmed using PWM while the apex is 10v analog. ( I'm probably butchering the terms) I can DM you some pictures when I'm done with the rest of the setup.

nameissoftlover
12/03/2014, 09:28 PM
I'd apritiate it.. Im looking to do just two fixtures after my test.. Does the aquamana look good doing sunrise sunset?

alwaysthirsty
12/03/2014, 09:41 PM
Anytime. It looks good and can dim to about 8% which looks good. Can probably be moonlights. I'm not a fan of the 3 moons on this though. Little too purple and bright.
http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/12/03/ef07c0faa7c46215b9ed828286229fdc.jpg

Btw this is the thread on the converter. http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2233963

nameissoftlover
12/03/2014, 09:54 PM
I like the purple lights, but that all dimmed down looks good

explorer07
12/04/2014, 01:47 PM
Yes same here. I just recieved both of mine and would love to have a ramo feature but I know nothing of boards and stuff. Do you know where I can buy one or maybe an easy diy.

nameissoftlover
12/04/2014, 06:28 PM
Just took with my phone...

explorer07
12/04/2014, 07:41 PM
The cob looks way cleaner and nicer. Have you tried it with moon lights on at the same time?

nameissoftlover
12/04/2014, 08:41 PM
I like to give the moon lights off to allow time to rest and help guarantee longevity of lights...

alwaysthirsty
12/05/2014, 12:55 AM
I like the shimmer on these.
I just finished the mods on these and will let them ramp and run tomorrow. If all goes well I'll send you or post the mod here. Stay tuned.

nameissoftlover
12/05/2014, 05:54 AM
I'll be waiting...

explorer07
12/05/2014, 10:38 AM
+1 hope everything works okay. Can't wait for an update.

alwaysthirsty
12/06/2014, 01:29 PM
Ok the full day program seemed to work ok yesterday.

Ramp up 150min colors and whites to 45% and 30% minutes respectively from 10%. Then ramp down from those same highs to 10% (seemed to be lowest consistent number that worked) at night.

Lights: Aquamana 2 COB w/3moon lights.
Converter: check above link. These LEDs use PWM dimming and Apex uses analog +10v, therefore you will need a converter like this one.
Controller: Apex. If you have a Controller that supports PWM (ie Reef Angel) then I assume the above converter is not necessary.
1) Open LED light cover to expose the connectors to the driver from the manu dimmer and board.

2) Disconnect the 4pin connect from the dimmer board as this will be used for the external connection.

3) The top 2 pins are for on/off & +12v. You need to short these so the driver(?) remains on all the time. See the solid blue cable

4) The other 2 pins is for ground and dimming control. Ground is the bottom (solid cables in pic)

5) Repeat both 3 and 4 above for the other connection. In the picture, left side is for color LEDs(Orange/orangeWhite) and right side is for white LEDs(green/blueWhite). I elected to connect these to a CAT5e keystone jack.

alwaysthirsty
12/06/2014, 01:38 PM
6) Now it's time to connect the LED side to the converter. Using an Ethernet cable I cut to length, I connect the corresponding colors to the appropriate ports on the PWM side of the converter. Make sure you verify polarity. I use + for control and - for ground. I had 3 LEDs so I can just use the same ports for all of them.

7) The converter requires a power source so I used a spare DC transformer plug I had laying around. It can be the 5v-12v type.
See the plug on the right (unplugged).

8) Now time to connect the controller to the converter. This side should be fairly trivial. I took the other side of the cut Ethernet cable and connected the corresponding ports to the analog side of the Converter. On this side I only needed one cable to the Apex because I was only using 2 channels.

9) Plug everything in and start playing with the Controller programming.
https://vimeo.com/113801915

Disclaimer: I'm a newbie at this so I hold no responsibility for how you use this information.

It was fun working on it though and now I have an inexpensive controllable COB type LED(s)

Thanks to @O2surplus for his help with the converter.

Some threads & links I used for reference:
http://wamas.org/forums/topic/58230-interested-in-apexrk-controlled-d120s/page-3

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FMnxrO8Fbug

RCHI
12/07/2014, 11:53 PM
I was wondering if the 3 "moonlight" (3 watt) LED's are Cree? Also what are the optics on these?

Thanks,

The 3 moonlight led's measured 60 degrees I am not sure what brand of LED they are but they are much bigger than the LED'S on COB chip (they do appear to have 3 small rectangles in each LED chip), I know they are advertised as 3 X 3 watt LED'S but they are turned down to 3.2 watts total for all 3 (no fans come on with these) as tested on Killawatt meter so leaving then on 100% duty should be ok. Even with all my other lights on you can still see a little more coral fluorescence, I feel the color is somewhere in between royal blue and a black light maybe it is a near ultra violet.

The white channel used 63.5 watts on high, fans turn on at 18.3 watts and I have to lower dimmer to 50% for 46.9 watt draw so dimmer is not linear, Min brightness setting has no fan and draws 6.6 watts.

Blue/red/green channel 63.2 watts on high, fans turn on at 20.6 watts and I have to lower dimmer to 50% for 42.9 watt draw so dimmer is not linear, Min brightness setting has no fan and draws 7.4 watts.

Optics on the cobs are wider 90 angle than on the older non moonlight version and seem to have a more even spread vs the spotlight on the older version and have barely noticeable red green banding when shining at a white wall.
Also aiding the more even spread is a 11'(new) vs 7" (old) center of cob chip to center

I really wished that they would have made a 3rd cord outlet for the blue/ red/green channel (white is on the same cord) in that it goes from a 3 watt moonlight output to a full 126 watt output vs older version Aquamana as measured 54 watt blue/red /green dusk dawn then 64 watts 8 hours peak white. I know most everyone like me has moonlights already so this remodel fixed optics + disco but shorted the dusk dawn unless modded with automatic dimmers.
So now I may not be able to match my existing older Aquamanas during ramp up, only at peak

Other notes;

One rocker switch is for moonlights 2nd rocker is for all colors+white on COB chip.
One dimmer for blue/red/green and another dimmer is for white.
One cord is moonlights other cord is both channels on COB's
All 3 Fans come on when blue/green/red and or white channel turned up above 20 on dimmers not with moonlights

Zer0.
12/08/2014, 11:41 AM
Hey all, I have been trying to get these lights dialed in just right. I have 3 of the Aquamana COB 165w above a standard 180. (the newer ones with out reflectors)

What levels would you guys recommend running for a mostly LPS/softie 24-25 inch deep tank?

Thanks

nameissoftlover
12/08/2014, 04:27 PM
I have 75 and run mine bright at 75 color and 50 white.. Dont run moonlights but before and after lights

nameissoftlover
12/08/2014, 04:27 PM
http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/12/08/9dcca89cd4c80f4ba09bd6388db95d28.jpg

explorer07
12/08/2014, 06:21 PM
Wow! was the same power you used for acclimation? Or how did you do it?

nameissoftlover
12/08/2014, 06:21 PM
Increased over 4 weeks

RCHI
12/10/2014, 01:18 PM
[QUOTE=Zer0.;23315776]Hey all, I have been trying to get these lights dialed in just right. I have 3 of the Aquamana COB 165w above a standard 180. (the newer ones with out reflectors)

What levels would you guys recommend running for a mostly LPS/softie 24-25 inch deep tank? QUOTE)

I have a 180 also 60"-24" -30" tall mostly lps / softie and went with 70 on dimmer on day one since I felt they where a little dimmer than my old 250 watt halides. Been about a month since replacing one fixture at a time and so far so good.

I also modded my moonlight fixture so that one cord does colored cob and moonlight and second cord does white cob since I don't have an apex controller.

Everyone of my 3 fixtures has a different shade of blue or white(mostly the white channel), anyone else have fixtures with that issue?

I have pics but how do you post it says enter URL?

Zer0.
12/10/2014, 01:35 PM
I have 75 and run mine bright at 75 color and 50 white.. Dont run moonlights but before and after lights

How long do you run them a day? 8-10 hour range?

Zer0.
12/10/2014, 01:38 PM
[QUOTE=Zer0.;23315776]Hey all, I have been trying to get these lights dialed in just right. I have 3 of the Aquamana COB 165w above a standard 180. (the newer ones with out reflectors)

What levels would you guys recommend running for a mostly LPS/softie 24-25 inch deep tank? QUOTE)

I have a 180 also 60"-24" -30" tall mostly lps / softie and went with 70 on dimmer on day one since I felt they where a little dimmer than my old 250 watt halides. Been about a month since replacing one fixture at a time and so far so good.

I also modded my moonlight fixture so that one cord does colored cob and moonlight and second cord does white cob since I don't have an apex controller.

Everyone of my 3 fixtures has a different shade of blue or white(mostly the white channel), anyone else have fixtures with that issue?

I have pics but how do you post it says enter URL?
So do you run both color and whites at 70%?

to upload a pic you need to upload it to somewhere on the web them insert the picture URL.

That mod of yours sounds pretty nice. Im just running mine normally on 2 different timers. Run main lights for 10 hours, run moonlights 2 hours before and after.

Also, I feel like I get a fairly uniform spectrum out off all three of mine with the same setting levels, but i may not have the best eye for this. I know my knobs seem slightly off on one for where it shuts off. (ie. after/under 0 marker)

Thanks all.

alwaysthirsty
12/10/2014, 09:53 PM
RCHI one of my color COB is a little whiter than the others at 8% but they become more uniform when intensity increases. That's why I go lowest to 10% only.

I am currently acclimating at 45 color and 35 white for 6.5 hrs a day with a 2.5 hr ramp up and ramp down. My tank is 72x36x28 and I think I my need a 4th light to fill the middle horizontally.

RCHI
12/10/2014, 10:23 PM
https://www.flickr.com/photos/101089598@N02/15807590750/in/photostream/

Zer0.

Yes I run both colors and whites @ approx 70% over tank , removed and took picture of new and old style Aquamana shinning at white poster board at min setting white cob on only to also show beam pattern (4 & 3 weeks old + even have a huge difference from old 4 to 3 week fixture). If it were not for my DIY 3 watt X 36 Led arranged on 2pc 48" separate heatsinks blending the colors I might be returning the Aquamanas.

Will probably swap COB Chips or order another fixture and return the most oddball.

If I linked the picture properly above>>
Left older style fixture is bluer in person.

Any one interested in modding new style fixture so that one cord does colored cob and moonlight and second cord does white cob (handy if you don't don't have an apex controller) I did it by moving small moonlight ballast to opposite side of case and swapping 110v mini plug with plug going white cob ballast (no splicing or cutting ) I did have to remove heatsink to reroute leads.

cubiclewarrior
12/18/2014, 03:59 PM
thanks for all the info everyone I think I am going to get a set of these

Zer0.
12/19/2014, 09:45 AM
one thing with these that bothers me is my dials are different from module to module. One maxes out at 100 on the dial and comes on at 10, which is right. One maxes out at 85ish on the dial for a channel and shuts off at 100 on the dial and so on. each one is a bit different and it makes trying to get my levels right suck. Maybe I can adjust this?:hmm4:

nameissoftlover
12/19/2014, 10:11 AM
Possible to peal up the number sticker and adjust

Zer0.
12/19/2014, 10:59 AM
Possible to peal up the number sticker and adjust

Heh, yeah guess I should try that before i bust into the unit.

Longchamp
12/24/2014, 02:54 PM
Does anyone know what that odd shaped plug socket is on top of the unit? I just bought the Aquamama 55x3 and they changed the design so that it now only has one power wire. No more using timers to turn each channel on independently.

nameissoftlover
12/24/2014, 02:55 PM
Not sure..mine does not have it.

Voodoo Corals
12/24/2014, 05:17 PM
Anytime. It looks good and can dim to about 8% which looks good. Can probably be moonlights. I'm not a fan of the 3 moons on this though. Little too purple and bright.
http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/12/03/ef07c0faa7c46215b9ed828286229fdc.jpg

Btw this is the thread on the converter. http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2233963

is that cyano?

nameissoftlover
12/24/2014, 05:19 PM
is that cyan?
That's a project for next month ...I have one for this month...http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/12/24/2b719ad16e3d64f9530d95dbdd779edc.jpg

alwaysthirsty
12/27/2014, 01:48 AM
is that cyano?

Yeah it is. :-( Lights out for 24hrs helped rid off rocks. But still have it on the sand bed. Been doing more water changes and hope to get it under control soon.

alwaysthirsty
12/27/2014, 01:50 AM
That's a project for next month ...I have one for this month...http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/12/24/2b719ad16e3d64f9530d95dbdd779edc.jpg

Nice! That should be plenty of flow for you! Xmas gift? :-)

KnightMetro
01/02/2015, 06:13 PM
I just picked up one of these this week. Going to be hanging it about a 30 cube this weekend.

How easy would this be to wire up to say a Typhoon LED controller? Or something of the like.

Hefner413
01/03/2015, 06:38 PM
Is this the one you guys are referring to?
1. AQUAMANA 156W COB LED Full Spectrum Aquarium Light Panel with Two 78W COB Modules for Coral, Reef & Fish (Full Spectrum). http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00HVMC1WA/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A1K9KXIW5VAA77
And I don't see anything listed about LED moonlights incorporated... how are you guys doing that?

Also, how would this compare to these two:
2. AQUAMANA AQ LED-55x3W Dimmable 120W LED Aquarium Light Panel for Coral, Reef & Fish. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00LV2D07Q/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
3. TaoTronics® TT-AL09 165w Dimmable Led Aquarium Lights Aquarium Hoods Led Reef Light for Coral Fish Seaweed (55*3w Led, Blue/White Ratio- 28:27; Two-Year Warranty)*. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0092LXQRM/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Longchamp
01/03/2015, 06:47 PM
1. AQUAMANA 156W COB LED Full Spectrum Aquarium Light Panel with Two 78W COB Modules for Coral, Reef & Fish (Full Spectrum). http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00HVMC1WA/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A1K9KXIW5VAA77
And I don't see anything listed about LED moonlights incorporated... how are you guys doing that?

2. AQUAMANA AQ LED-55x3W Dimmable 120W LED Aquarium Light Panel for Coral, Reef & Fish. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00LV2D07Q/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
3. TaoTronics® TT-AL09 165w Dimmable Led Aquarium Lights Aquarium Hoods Led Reef Light for Coral Fish Seaweed (55*3w Led, Blue/White Ratio- 28:27; Two-Year Warranty)*. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0092LXQRM/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I don't know much about #1 or #3 but definitely do not buy #2 (the 55x3 light). They removed one of the power outlets to cut costs so now there's no way to turn on just the blue lights without manually flipping a switch on the unit. I bought the unit and really like the color but had to return it due to this design change.

nameissoftlover
01/05/2015, 03:31 PM
Well my daughter turned my filters off while I was out of town for two weeks.. Did a 30% water change. Changed reactor media, cleaned skimmer. And reduced light 50%. .. Tank looks better bit it was bad..didn't loose anything...

Hefner413
01/06/2015, 08:49 AM

Being that Amazon is so easy to make returns... I went ahead and just got all three. I put all 3 above my 180 last PM.

1. AQUAMANA COB: Not as bright as I hoped and man... the "white" light seems quite yellow vs the TaoTronics? Maybe b/c it's the "full spectrum". I just wish this were more bright. I think it'll take 6x of these lights to provide the light I want on my 180. And I think I would have to put the "white" on 50% and the blue on 100% to keep it from being too yellow?! Maybe I got a faulty unit?

2. AQUAMANA 55x3W: This one is terrible in comparison to the other 2. Fans are loud and just doesn't seem to put out much light. And yeah, it only has the one power cord, so can't be put on a separate timer as pointed out by Longchamp.

3. TaoTronics TT-A09: THIS light impressed me the most?! Man... very bright in comparison to the COB. Very nice white light, but it's not full spectrum... only has white and blue. No purple, red, etc. I'm wondering if this will be an issue in the long run? But the TaoTronics is like the COB x 2, IMO.

Now to decide....

alwaysthirsty
01/07/2015, 08:16 PM
Wow they don't have the Aquamana COB with moons listed anymore. That's a bummer. Another place that sells it (source) is at http://www.ledaquagrow.com/LEDAquariumLight/skyland.html

So far I am happy with my 3 over a 300, but definitely need at least one more to cover the middle.

Hefner413
01/07/2015, 10:15 PM
Pics?

alwaysthirsty
01/10/2015, 09:23 AM
Morning at 10% color.

About 8in off water

https://vimeo.com/116420934
Some cool shimmer.

Hefner413
01/11/2015, 12:32 AM
Awesome!... man, those do like good!

nameissoftlover
01/28/2015, 11:39 PM
http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/15/01/28/055f587dd680ccbc4d29315f1c64625d.jpg

One fixture...75 gallon standard

codyreed29
02/04/2015, 10:18 PM
Wow how high is the fixture off the water. Thats pretty good coverage 48 inches.

nameissoftlover
02/04/2015, 10:19 PM
16" -20"

codyreed29
02/04/2015, 11:49 PM
Thnks finally going to buy one for a new project.

nameissoftlover
02/04/2015, 11:53 PM
I will measure tomorrow.. Its not as high as you would think..

wilsonreefs
02/09/2015, 05:12 PM
So you guys think these are worth buying? Would really like to have the Kessil's but you can guess why I don't have them. I have a 240 with LPS, SPS, Soft corals, and a clam. I think I would need 4 of them. You know 4 Kessil's would scare the heck out of $2k,

Longchamp
02/09/2015, 05:25 PM
So you guys think these are worth buying? Would really like to have the Kessil's but you can guess why I don't have them. I have a 240 with LPS, SPS, Soft corals, and a clam. I think I would need 4 of them. You know 4 Kessil's would scare the heck out of $2k,

The regular aquamana? Absolutely not. It only has one plug now meaning you cant have just the blues on with a timer. I'm not familiar with the COB one so I can't really comment on it.

Honestly, If I were you I'd get the Oceanrevive one. It has a better spread than the COB or the LED. I had the regular aquamana one and returned it for the OceanRevive S026. It's a little more expensive at $149/ea though.

nameissoftlover
02/09/2015, 10:52 PM
The regular aquamana? Absolutely not. It only has one plug now meaning you cant have just the blues on with a timer. I'm not familiar with the COB one so I can't really comment on it.

Honestly, If I were you I'd get the Oceanrevive one. It has a better spread than the COB or the LED. I had the regular aquamana one and returned it for the OceanRevive S026. It's a little more expensive at $149/ea though.
Cob has two plugs, one for night lighting and one for main lights

Longchamp
02/09/2015, 11:35 PM
Yeah sorry by "the regular one" i meant the non COB one.

nameissoftlover
02/09/2015, 11:59 PM
PS love cob.. http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/15/02/09/75bf717b6642da7307aac3e1170748ad.jpg

One over 75, temp to test its ability

cbrodus
02/11/2016, 10:39 PM
Old thread revival!! I have 2 Aquamana cobs over my 120 display and just got the PWM converter, going to mod it for the Apex. Nice aquascape!! I'm thinking I have too much LR

codyreed29
02/17/2016, 03:21 PM
Right on show some pics