PDA

View Full Version : Green aeptasia ?

Nominorleo
01/25/2014, 04:46 PM
Hi,
Just got this flower bed almost overnight. Quite nice looking: shaped like the common aeptasia, but with a green central line in every "petal". Does anyone would know what it is ?
My clownfish are very friendly and come into view each time I come near the tank. I wish I could pet them !
And what about this brown spongy thing ? A plant was growing out of it, with 4-5 leaves, and the the turbos ate it (I presume). Good or bad ?
Thank you for your help.

Misled
01/25/2014, 05:02 PM
Could you circle what you're talking about? I really can't see anything.

bronson
01/25/2014, 05:16 PM
Could you circle what you're talking about? I really can't see anything.
lol:headwally:

Nominorleo
01/25/2014, 05:39 PM
This is the green aeptasia. The first one was the brown mushroom at the center down left.
Any ideas ?

Nominorleo
01/25/2014, 05:45 PM
This the aeptasia.

Jpugh73
01/25/2014, 05:46 PM
Doesn't look like aptasia maybe some kind of clove polyps

Lostinthedark
01/25/2014, 05:48 PM
They look like Green Star Polyps (GSP). Safe but invasive.

Misled
01/25/2014, 06:39 PM
They look like Green Star Polyps (GSP). Safe but invasive.

This.

Mermaid girl
01/25/2014, 06:54 PM
I have an adult female gold bar maroon who since her mate died is very "grumpy" and has recently bonded with my leather and anyone who goes near it will be attacked including my hand however a few weeks ago I purchased a juvenile clown trigger I noticed recently that they have been hanging out together by her leather with no aggression to each other a few days ago I was looking at tank and saw the clown trigger rubbing on the leather at first I thought it was a fluke

then I saw it several more times he is clearly "hosting" it I will try to get a picture but he's hard to photograph is this normal behavior sometimes they both arevin the leather together ????