PDA

View Full Version : so whats the scoop on the frozen fish feeder?

shifty51008
01/26/2014, 12:42 AM
just as the title states :D

ctenophore
01/27/2014, 08:36 AM
It works :) but I can't really say when it will be ready or how much it will cost. Still have some refinements to make before a production version is ready.

shifty51008
01/27/2014, 10:52 PM
Great news still, will this be a feeder that can feed more than once a day or is it a single type feeder? Couldnt see much from the video except for a lot of happy fish lol

Mike S
01/29/2014, 07:19 AM
This certainly perked my interest. I've been thinking about building one for a while.

ctenophore
01/29/2014, 03:43 PM
I have it set to feed 10x/day :)

shifty51008
01/29/2014, 05:06 PM

I am in :inlove:, deff. can't wait for this now.

Thanks

Mike S
01/29/2014, 06:32 PM

My anthias and wrasses would love that. If you need beta testers at some point..... :)

Yogre
01/29/2014, 08:13 PM
I am very, very interested in such a product. Updates would be much appreciated.

rcmike
01/29/2014, 08:41 PM
I would love to have something like this also. I have held off on fish like anthias due to not being able to stay around and feed them all day.

xoomer
02/04/2014, 11:37 PM
I feed my trio or Bartlett's once a day or so and they are fine. Which Antias specifically are you guys talking about that require 10x/day feedings?

shifty51008
02/05/2014, 04:57 PM
I feed my Lyretail Anthias 5 times a day, 4 times with flakes and pellets and once with frozen foods. I would like to switch it to 4 times a day with frozen and once with flakes/pellets.

xoomer
02/26/2014, 08:08 AM
I feed my Lyretail Anthias 5 times a day, 4 times with flakes and pellets and once with frozen foods. I would like to switch it to 4 times a day with frozen and once with flakes/pellets.

They get far more nutrition from quality flakes then they'd get from most frozen food but that's not the topic here.

However, I too am interested in the feeder so that I can "dose" frozen cyclopeeze multiple times a day.

maxxII
02/26/2014, 08:15 AM
I'd be interested in how you arrived at that conclusion xoomer?

xoomer
02/26/2014, 10:37 AM
its quite simple, you wouldn't do well if you ate filet mignon all the time. No matter how good it is.

Frozen food might have ton of protein but that is about it.

Quality flakes are like a very nicely balanced diet.

maxxII
02/26/2014, 10:45 AM
What do you consider "quality flakes"?

Flake food is processed and contains very little nutrition in relation to weight, (of the food). It also contains a lot of preservatives which include phosphates.

Whole fresh foods are best to feed marine fish, with a varied diet.

My fish will eat flake food and pellets, but I rarely feed it to them.

shifty51008
05/14/2014, 08:03 AM
any new updates?

Avast Marine
05/14/2014, 11:34 AM
None that we can share. It is a very active project but we can't really discuss anything else at this time. We may have something more to say at MACNA though........

kenman345
06/10/2014, 01:46 PM
None that we can share. It is a very active project but we can't really discuss anything else at this time. We may have something more to say at MACNA though........

It appears you've said something already just by hinting at MACNA news. I really hope this product hits the market and I am actually able to get ahold of one. Hopefully this time without any official news was used to help gather the parts/supply of a bunch of these units so when the masses come knocking their is plenty to go around.

mbauma
07/07/2014, 04:14 PM
Anything new on this?

Avast Marine
07/08/2014, 10:40 AM
It's not perfect yet. Please see my signature for more details.... :)

kenman345
07/16/2014, 12:51 PM
It's not perfect yet. Please see my signature for more details.... :)

Art is subjective.....just make this so someone with a sub <100G tank can afford to justify the price tag and you'll have my business

Avast Marine
07/17/2014, 01:23 PM
Art is subjective.....just make this so someone with a sub <100G tank can afford to justify the price tag and you'll have my business

Well there is nothing more subjective than cost :wave:

I will give you some insight into what we are building and the general way we approach product development though.

It all starts with a problem and coming up with a elegant solution to solve that problem. We usually setup design goals for ourselves and they almost always follow this pattern:

1. Does it solve the problem?
2. Is it reliable?
3. Is it easy to use?
4. Does it look good?
5. How much is it going to cost?
6. Is there a market for it?
7. How much investment does it require to bring to market?

The feeder we have been working on for quite a number of years actually. We have developed several working versions of the concept but they have all been scrapped for one reason or another simply because it didn't meet all or most of the design goals. Notice how far down on the list cost is for us? We feel pretty strongly about never cheapening a product to lower the cost. If we can lower the cost through other means we always try to do this but we are not going to put our name and reputation behind a cheaply made product just to move a few more units.

So lets look at the feeder and some of the components that make up the "system". It is a freezer. It is a precision dosing unit. It is a mixer. It has either a stand alone controller or an interface to connect to a variety of reef controllers already on the market. All of these things are fairly expensive on their own so that will give you a basic idea of the "cost" here.

Will there be a market for something that has the above cost associated with it? We don't really know but, the target audience is going to be an enthusiast with a tank filled with expensive and finicky fish. Are there enough of them to justify us tooling up and starting a new production line? No idea.

The last item on the list is investment capital and it is going to be a lot. We are actually in the middle of construction of our new facility right now and we have pretty much everything tied up there. Someone on another forum mentioned crowd-funding this project and it is something we will give serious consideration to over the next few months. It could be a great solution for items #6 and #7 on the list.

Right now we are on #3 though so we have a bit of time. :)

kenman345
07/17/2014, 01:35 PM
Well there is nothing more subjective than cost :wave:

I will give you some insight into what we are building and the general way we approach product development though.

It all starts with a problem and coming up with a elegant solution to solve that problem. We usually setup design goals for ourselves and they almost always follow this pattern:

1. Does it solve the problem?
2. Is it reliable?
3. Is it easy to use?
4. Does it look good?
5. How much is it going to cost?
6. Is there a market for it?
7. How much investment does it require to bring to market?

The feeder we have been working on for quite a number of years actually. We have developed several working versions of the concept but they have all been scrapped for one reason or another simply because it didn't meet all or most of the design goals. Notice how far down on the list cost is for us? We feel pretty strongly about never cheapening a product to lower the cost. If we can lower the cost through other means we always try to do this but we are not going to put our name and reputation behind a cheaply made product just to move a few more units.

So lets look at the feeder and some of the components that make up the "system". It is a freezer. It is a precision dosing unit. It is a mixer. It has either a stand alone controller or an interface to connect to a variety of reef controllers already on the market. All of these things are fairly expensive on their own so that will give you a basic idea of the "cost" here.

Will there be a market for something that has the above cost associated with it? We don't really know but, the target audience is going to be an enthusiast with a tank filled with expensive and finicky fish. Are there enough of them to justify us tooling up and starting a new production line? No idea.

The last item on the list is investment capital and it is going to be a lot. We are actually in the middle of construction of our new facility right now and we have pretty much everything tied up there. Someone on another forum mentioned crowd-funding this project and it is something we will give serious consideration to over the next few months. It could be a great solution for items #6 and #7 on the list.

Right now we are on #3 though so we have a bit of time. :)

Thank you for the information. I do understand the hardships, and understand that they need to be overcome. I think something that may be of value though that is much less expensive is if you were to sell a retrofit kit and indicate the type/size of freezer to use in the project. It would make the item much less expensive and easier to ship. Many people already have mini-freezers near their tank so it would actually be to their benefit not to have to spend extra money to use the product.

In terms of it having a controller or connecting to a controller from a 3rd party, i have enjoyed the idea behind your ATO that has the option on purchase to choose which one you want. I would be very open to this idea as it gives the most amount of options to users.

What type of information would this controller really need? I am curious how you really would be able to integrate to the controllers out there, I use a Reefkeeper elite, so I would like something controller connected, to allow me the ultimate control.

Also, as to reinforce the idea about doing a DIY kit for this product, if you sell a freezer with the unit built into it, then you limit the people that would be able to use it as the size might not be right for the space they have for this item. If it's a kit, people will be able to purchase it without that fear and get the most out of their purchases.

Avast Marine
07/17/2014, 02:26 PM
mix
dose cycle (controls multiple things)
clean cycle (controls multiple things)
monitor temp
freeze on
freeze off
fan on
fan off
status alerts

Those are just the basic functions of the top of my head so if there is no integrated controller you have a minimum of 5 cords to plug in to your controller outlet strip. Sounds messy and it is actually pretty expensive to dedicate that many control outlets on a strip. Our unit will absolutely have an integrated controller to handle all of these functions and more because in the long run it is actually the most cost effective way to go. What we are looking for with regards to external controllers is simply an interface to monitor and override some of the functions, possibly make the "alerts" more robust by handing off to a email client etc, not as a means for complete control. It will be an option, not a separate product. The size of the unit is along the lines of a 2l bottle of soda, not a dorm fridge, some will have room and some will not.

Allmost
07/17/2014, 02:37 PM
wow this is very exciting news !

what will be the price range ? any Ideas ?

kenman345
07/17/2014, 03:00 PM
mix
dose cycle (controls multiple things)
clean cycle (controls multiple things)
monitor temp
freeze on
freeze off
fan on
fan off
status alerts

Those are just the basic functions of the top of my head so if there is no integrated controller you have a minimum of 5 cords to plug in to your controller outlet strip. Sounds messy and it is actually pretty expensive to dedicate that many control outlets on a strip. Our unit will absolutely have an integrated controller to handle all of these functions and more because in the long run it is actually the most cost effective way to go. What we are looking for with regards to external controllers is simply an interface to monitor and override some of the functions, possibly make the "alerts" more robust by handing off to a email client etc, not as a means for complete control. It will be an option, not a separate product. The size of the unit is along the lines of a 2l bottle of soda, not a dorm fridge, some will have room and some will not.

Sounds like you already have it in a compact form. I cannot wait to find out more. MACNA is so long from now

Halfmoon61
07/18/2014, 01:21 PM
Awesome idea, if crowd funded I'd throw a bit your way.

kenman345
07/18/2014, 01:26 PM
Awesome idea, if crowd funded I'd throw a bit your way.

Yes, I would do the same. I have seen KS's for aquarium items before. Might want to do IGG though so you can start immediately using the funds to produce the item before the campaign even ends. I have helped consult other companies before when going the crowd funding route and would be happy to put you in contact with one or two folks that can help you ride that wave and give you experienced advice.

kenman345
08/26/2014, 12:13 PM
So as MACNA approaches, where would you say the best place to look for news about any announcements from Avast would be? Particularly, where do I need to set my browser to refresh every 5 seconds in anticipation?

kenman345
08/29/2014, 06:50 PM
anyone got any information?

seregus
09/03/2014, 03:27 AM
I would love to here the news and order my one at the same second!

caribfan
09/03/2014, 06:13 PM
Inquiring minds what to know.

Yogre
09/03/2014, 07:31 PM
I haven't seen any news that it was introduced at MACNA, so I guess it's not ready yet.

caribfan
09/03/2014, 07:46 PM
bummer.

kenman345
09/04/2014, 09:27 AM
yep, a product like this is desperately lacking in the consumer level products out currently. This could be a very successful product if they can hit the mark in performance and price. I would happily pre-order it now without any further details than we have already received, as long as it guarantees me to get it in the next 6 months, even if it's not going to be a product they produce in the future anymore.

kenman345
09/04/2014, 01:40 PM
I want to add, if Avast comes out with this product, it would be cool to be able to add a mixing/holding liquids section to add vitamins in before feedings so we can even automate vitamin enrichment of frozen foods as close to feeding as possible even when we are away.

kenman345
09/17/2014, 02:03 PM
Still no news or anything on this? Is it a product that is even getting any more attention or consideration?

xrayjeeper83
09/17/2014, 02:18 PM
VERY interested in this. Was just talking to a friend about something like this. I'd rather feed my frozen food then pellets all the time. Very excited to see someone is seemingly so close to production

ctenophore
09/18/2014, 09:29 PM
Still no news or anything on this? Is it a product that is even getting any more attention or consideration?

Sorry, no real news. But it is in active testing and development. The food metering system is one of the significant challenges and I think we now have a good solution.

kenman345
09/19/2014, 08:36 AM
Sorry, no real news. But it is in active testing and development. The food metering system is one of the significant challenges and I think we now have a good solution.

Awesome. See, news of any type is re-assuring and while not that I wanna hear about delays, but it's good to know that you have a problem to address which is important functionality and that you are not releasing a half-hearted product. I look forward to hearing more as your development continues.

kenman345
09/30/2014, 02:12 PM

Hows the food metering system going?

kenman345
10/08/2014, 03:52 PM

Bump because it's another week and we havent heard anything. Almost a month since this last post about it. Can we at least getting a mockingly annoying smiley face reply to our inquiries?

ctenophore
10/15/2014, 09:02 PM
Good progress in the past few weeks! Sorry, no details or pics as it's a novel solution to the problem assuming it works out in real world testing. Thanks for checking in.

kenman345
10/15/2014, 09:37 PM
Good progress in the past few weeks! Sorry, no details or pics as it's a novel solution to the problem assuming it works out in real world testing. Thanks for checking in.

Happy to help test that :-D

Crazy35111
10/22/2014, 07:11 PM
Any idea if this unit will be ready by the end of the year? Going to need to get a unit constructed by Jan, but if this unit is close, I'd prefer the Avast quality.

kenman345
10/24/2014, 09:33 AM
Any idea if this unit will be ready by the end of the year? Going to need to get a unit constructed by Jan, but if this unit is close, I'd prefer the Avast quality.

I cannot agree more. I want this item talked about, build some hype, make it worth it to bring it to market with tons of pre-orders. There are no consumer ready hobbyist marketed frozen food feeders. All items close are meant for large scale usage and are custom built solutions. If they really have such a small space consuming feeder, then this will be explosive when it hits the market.

Avast Marine
10/24/2014, 12:01 PM
We are in the process of building and then moving to our new manufacturing facility. Once this is done (hopefully before year end) we will be able to hire more staff and move forward with projects that have been on back burner a while. The next 3 months are historically our busiest of the year as well, so while I would like to say the feeder will be ready by Christmas, it simply isn't going to happen.

https://farm3.staticflickr.com/2942/15400777246_72511d3ba2_z.jpg

kenman345
10/24/2014, 12:05 PM
We are in the process of building and then moving to our new manufacturing facility. Once this is done (hopefully before year end) we will be able to hire more staff and move forward with projects that have been on back burner a while. The next 3 months are historically our busiest of the year as well, so while I would like to say the feeder will be ready by Christmas, it simply isn't going to happen.

Glad to hear why we havent been hearing too much about this.

Sign me up for the beta program if you're looking for anyone willing to participate. I hope you guys let us know when you are able to give more focus to this project.

Avast Marine
10/24/2014, 12:09 PM
Well we have been working on it in a way :) Seriously, we are just completely maxed out in our current space and this will give us lots more room to grow the operation.

Crazy35111
10/24/2014, 12:11 PM
Thanks for the update +1 on beta testing

kenman345
10/24/2014, 12:27 PM
Well we have been working on it in a way :) Seriously, we are just completely maxed out in our current space and this will give us lots more room to grow the operation.
Glad to hear it. If need help with programming, i would love to take a look and try to help. :-D
Thanks for the update +1 on beta testing
Non-Official Official List of Totally Awesome and Qualified Avast Followers Hoping to beta test highly secretive ;) Frozen Fish Food Feeder: (NOOLTAQAFHBTHS;)FFFF for short)
1. Kenman345
2. Crazy35111

shifty51008
10/28/2014, 06:04 AM
I started the thread so i should be first to beta test lol

seregus
10/29/2014, 01:58 PM
+1 to beta testers
+1 to buyers, just take my money ;-)

kenman345
10/29/2014, 02:04 PM
I started the thread so i should be first to beta test lol
You make an interesting point. As keeper of the list though, I reserve the right to organize the list as I see fit. You get to cut..... :-D
+1 to beta testers
+1 to buyers, just take my money ;-)
NOOLTAQAFHBTHS;)FFFF:
1. Kenman345
2. shifty51008
3. Crazy35111
4. seregus ("just take my money")

kenman345
11/05/2014, 01:11 PM
Would it hurt to ask about this project? Hows the new facility coming along?

tidus10
11/11/2014, 04:21 PM

Where can I apply for a job?

msderganc
11/20/2014, 01:25 PM
Add me to the super secret beta test list!

avandss
11/20/2014, 01:28 PM
you absolutely need a rep in canada

add me to the list

firemountain
11/21/2014, 03:04 AM
Add me to the list as a beta tester as well !!

Ginu
12/10/2014, 11:33 AM
Id like to beta test as well :P

jwoo
12/12/2014, 07:07 PM
Love to see this and hear more about it.

CoralReefBoffin
02/16/2015, 08:02 PM
Some of you are ridiculous.

All I will say is, if you really want this project worked on by these awesome guys then refrain from wasting their time, every single "week", for another inconsequential update just to satisfy/alleviate your own boredom ...

Oh yea, :D

daytonareefing
02/22/2015, 04:47 PM
I would love to have an auto feeder for frozen food for a seahorse tank but it needs to add selcon or have a dosing option to hit the food before it hits the tank. Kidding on the dosing.

carlos danger
02/22/2015, 11:04 PM
Totally excited for this! Can't wait and I'm waiting with baited breathe.

jam583
02/26/2015, 06:05 PM
I attempted to build one and failed. I haven't found a commercially available solution and intrigued by this. Would love it for myself and tell all my customers about it. Any idea if this will become a product available to us?

maxxII
02/26/2015, 11:07 PM
Some of you are ridiculous.

All I will say is, if you really want this project worked on by these awesome guys then refrain from wasting their time, every single "week", for another inconsequential update just to satisfy/alleviate your own boredom ...

Oh yea, :D

How does it waste their time?
There are more than two people who work at the shop.
Avast Employees are not dragged kicking and screaming from the shop to come answer questions from this thread.
In fact, the last post they made on this thread was 10-24-2014, six months ago. So obviously, this thread doesnt take up a major portion of their work day to begin with.

People posting on this thread asking for updates shows that this product is something that people are STILL interested in and have not forgotten about.

Yes, we all hope that Avast can bring it to market soon, and that it will be the same great quality as the rest of their stuff. But if people asking regularly about the product bothers you, you can always unsubscribe from this thread and it wont be a problem for you anymore...:thumbsup:

Avast Marine
02/27/2015, 06:55 AM
Honestly, we don't mind people asking "are we there yet?", it only assures us that there is interest in the destination :)

This is a very complex project with a ton of variables, we are working on it but it is going to take time, nothing will be released until it is perfect.

tidus10
03/03/2015, 04:29 PM
Honestly, we don't mind people asking "are we there yet?", it only assures us that there is interest in the destination :)

This is a very complex project with a ton of variables, we are working on it but it is going to take time, nothing will be released until it is perfect.

QUIT TYPING AND START MELTING PLASTIC TOGETHER AND MAKE SOMETHING COOL!! :debi:

:wavehand:

oldimpala
03/08/2015, 10:31 AM
Dan-
As a person with several Avast "toys" on my tank, and who appreciates the time and effort you put into them; I'm really looking forward to this. You'll automate away my mother-in-law from stopping by daily to once every few (just to make sure stuff doesn't burn down) while I'm on vacation.

Everytime you guys do something, you can tell the thought that goes into it. My favorite is the Zeo shaker; its a perfect solution, simple, and so well thought out; including the ability to remove the cylinder from the base for cleaning/filling/etc. You can just tell the time on the details.

If this is half as nice as the Zeo reactor, I'll automate feeding completely (Even though I work from home, and the tank is 8' from my desk in my office.)

I'm really excited for this, and would happily chip in for crowdsourcing/deposit/testing/whatever. Glad to hear it's something on your radar, too.

-Andy

Avast Marine
03/09/2015, 03:30 PM
Andy, if we can figure out a way to automate away mothers-in-law it will indeed be our greatest gift to the world! :p

kenman345
03/09/2015, 03:42 PM
Andy, if we can figure out a way to automate away mothers-in-law it will indeed be our greatest gift to the world! :p

Lets stick to one task here. My fishies are getting hungry over here.

oldimpala
03/10/2015, 09:12 AM

And, that my friend, is why I'll keep buying Avast....

Stick around folks... The 10p show is different than the 8p show....

shermanator
03/10/2015, 10:43 AM
Maybe as a first product in this category, you could sell an automated feeder that uses refrigerated foods (like Reef Nutrition)... It's certainly easier than frozen foods and while it's a pretty easy DIY, I'd rather just buy one ready to use.

kenman345
03/10/2015, 10:49 AM
Maybe as a first product in this category, you could sell an automated feeder that uses refrigerated foods (like Reef Nutrition)... It's certainly easier than frozen foods and while it's a pretty easy DIY, I'd rather just buy one ready to use.

I think the refrigeration isnt the hard part, it's the portioning, timing sequences and other proper stuff involved with the system.

I wouldn't mind if we are provided an ice cube try to use in making our own foods and then the system can be modified with some switch to use a certain amount of ice cubes each feeding.

Delivery system as well must be quite interesting. if it uses a tube then it may get dirty and smelly over time, so a system to clean it would be necessary.

shermanator
03/10/2015, 11:02 AM
I think the refrigeration isnt the hard part, it's the portioning, timing sequences and other proper stuff involved with the system.

I wouldn't mind if we are provided an ice cube try to use in making our own foods and then the system can be modified with some switch to use a certain amount of ice cubes each feeding.

Delivery system as well must be quite interesting. if it uses a tube then it may get dirty and smelly over time, so a system to clean it would be necessary.

From the DIY versions I have seen, the mechanics and timing of the thawing is the hardest part. That could be avoided by (first) developing something for refrigerated foods. The delivery, once thawed, would be the same whether you start with frozen or refrigerated. If you keep all the lines refrigerated until they hit a system line (which means keeping the doser in the fridge) , it shouldn't need cleaning too often. I saw a refrigerated system that used a doser and then a venturi to deliver into tank that looked straightforward.

Avast Marine
03/10/2015, 12:39 PM
The unit will be self cleaning, self portioning based on user input, etc, etc, etc. The unit will be able to accept home made or prepared foods equally, it will not be a proprietary system. Cooling is definitely easier than freezing, we really want to use solid state chilling instead of a compressor for the size/cost factors but the temp differential of frozen to shoved under someones reef tank is pretty large, the massive amounts of ambient humidity don't help either.

So what are you all willing to pay for a self contained automatic frozen food feeder that doses precision amounts of food as many times a day as you like, integrates with aquarium controllers, self cleans all the lines after every food dose, notifies you when you need to add more food, and looks good and is easy to maintain? Anything can be built, not everything can be built at a certain price point.

shermanator
03/10/2015, 01:34 PM
So what are you all willing to pay for a self contained automatic frozen food feeder that doses precision amounts of food as many times a day as you like, integrates with aquarium controllers, self cleans all the lines after every food dose, notifies you when you need to add more food, and looks good and is easy to maintain? Anything can be built, not everything can be built at a certain price point.

I'd pay $1,000 without even thinking about it. If it was > $1,000 I would still buy it, but I would wait for reviews before laying down the cash.

Crazy35111
03/10/2015, 01:49 PM
I'd like to see the price point around $500ish. I think that would be an easy sale to a lot of consumers. With that being said, not sure if it could be made and sold for a profit at that point(no idea what cost would go into it). I would pay up to $750-1000 if I had to and the capabilities supported the cost.

kenman345
03/10/2015, 03:27 PM
I'd like to see the price point around $500ish. I think that would be an easy sale to a lot of consumers. With that being said, not sure if it could be made and sold for a profit at that point(no idea what cost would go into it). I would pay up to $750-1000 if I had to and the capabilities supported the cost.

Well, I'd expect you just give me one so I can beta test it :-D

No, I think at first a price of around $450-650 would be unheard of and amazing. For anyone serious about the hobby, that's nothing but chump change. But if it were able to be lowered down to the $250-$350 mark, then you'd make a lot of people get one that might not have cared too much in the past.

tidus10
03/12/2015, 09:13 PM
I would be in around $250 but again I'm on the broke scale of things and maybe not truly your target demographic.

msderganc
03/20/2015, 11:22 PM
The unit will be self cleaning, self portioning based on user input, etc, etc, etc. The unit will be able to accept home made or prepared foods equally, it will not be a proprietary system. Cooling is definitely easier than freezing, we really want to use solid state chilling instead of a compressor for the size/cost factors but the temp differential of frozen to shoved under someones reef tank is pretty large, the massive amounts of ambient humidity don't help either.

If you make it, I will buy it.

Electrobes
03/26/2015, 08:37 PM
I would probably pay around 500.. Anything more than that would require a confession booth ;)

firemountain
04/03/2015, 07:49 AM
I am in the beginning stages of a DIY Refrigerator auto fish feeder. After running some loose numbers....mini frig, doser, plumbing, etc....$500 is a realistic number.

I think if your system can do refrigerated and frozen foods....than that is where the advantage lies. Yes...it needs to be self cleaning, somewhat compact, reliable, and have the ability to dose multiple types of foods. Keep us posted.....good luck!!

Scythanith
04/06/2015, 05:23 AM
I'm in for around $500. The benefits for the livestock far outweighs the cost.

oldimpala
04/14/2015, 11:14 AM
I know I'm late to this game, but...

I'd go $500-$1,000, depending on capacity, method of delivery, what type of external equipment needs to be purchased (like pumps to mount it in a remote location, plumbing, etc.) so on....

It makes the tank essentially go on autopilot; and for me that's easily worth the $1k investment.

-Andy

kenman345
04/24/2015, 03:46 PM
Can we maybe get this thing crowd funded? I would happily put my money down ahead of time to get a place in line up front and help get this product as a priority to get out the door.

Also, I am willing to make a down-payment on a feeder if that will be able to help get the ball rolling.

oldimpala
06/29/2015, 12:34 PM
So; are there any updates?

Just came back from a week's vacation to find chaos. Not exactly sure what/when happened, but it ain't pretty...

Wishing that feeder was available right about now...

-Andy

kenman345
07/22/2015, 08:04 AM
I would love to get an update, maybe even a beta unit invite if someone at Avast deems me so worthy a consumer to do so :-D

maxxII
07/27/2015, 08:31 AM
I'm still very much interested in an update on this feeder...

seregus
11/20/2015, 04:28 AM
Any news on the frozen feeder? Maybe some pics?

PS: I would pay 500-1500!

maxxII
12/05/2015, 02:28 PM
At this point, I'm seriously looking at doing an Elliot-style Franken Feeder.

Google it.

SPS911
12/10/2015, 03:34 PM
Any updates?

shifty51008
12/12/2015, 01:25 AM
At this point, I'm seriously looking at doing an Elliot-style Franken Feeder.

Google it.

I like the concept if i had room for a fridge.

Looks like im gonna have to continue makeing my arduino frozen fish feeder.

oldimpala
01/15/2016, 11:33 AM
Any updates from the Avast folks?

If the project is n hold due to the need to produce what you've already got, or didn't work out (It's me, not you, dear...), or whatever. I wasn't expecting a quick turnaround, just looking for some sort of progress.

I really want to give you gobs more money than I already have. :)

-Andy

davyboy1970
01/27/2016, 03:58 AM
Any more news on this idea?

robbous
01/28/2016, 01:50 AM
I'd like to be a bata tester for this product on my 500 gallon system
As all I feed my fish is frozen foods

mallard
12/05/2016, 11:00 PM
I know this is a real long shot, but any updates? Some of the stated goals are now being met by other products on the market. The DOS and GHL dosers can run in reverse to clear the dosing lines, there are magnetic stirs for mixing fluids before dosing, GHL can calculate the amount of fluids dosed, so if a user could input that data, you could figure out when to "top off or replace", and people are using off the shelf wine coolers for cooling. If you can create a cohesive unit that incorporates the above, I bet there would be a lot of people willing to spend the money.

As for the price, it would come down to the total value the feeder provides. Can I use my own containers or do I need to use a supplied one? Can I add multiple types of food/containers? How does it look? What is the overall size and footprint in my stand (cables, plugs, etc)? Depending on those factors, I'd be willing to spend anywhere from $250 - $1,000+.

So will you please take my money already?!

bnumair
04/21/2017, 09:11 PM
Let's bring this dead forum to life again. Updates?