PDA

View Full Version : Clownfish loves actinics... Chills in 1 spot with daylight

Blinkerbee
01/26/2014, 08:28 PM
I have a 6g fluval edge with 5 pounds cured live rock, and 6 pounds of live sand. I've got 1 perc clown. He's in there with 3 scarlet crabs. When the daylights are on he spends ALL his time in the back middle under the filter lip. When I turn those off and plug the 15w T8 Actinic bulb he literally has a party. Swims EVERYWHERE. He's been in the tank 5 days...

Normal? or Strange?

JReefaddict
01/26/2014, 11:14 PM
Hmm. That's strange. I have clowns in my two tanks and they act the same whether it is daylights, actinics, etc

maddmaxx
01/27/2014, 05:25 PM
not strange. been less then a week. full light maybe spooking him. he'll be fine and eventually venture out during daylight hrs...

Kyle918
01/27/2014, 05:37 PM
not strange. been less then a week. full light maybe spooking him. he'll be fine and eventually venture out during daylight hrs...

I agree. My two clowns didn't adjust to their QT for about a week and a half. I love the fluval edge though, I still have my running and actually am about to start salt water in it as well.

Blinkerbee
01/28/2014, 02:10 PM
Cool! Check out my thread I started about my Fluval build. Let me know what you think. Thanks guys!