PDA

View Full Version : Frustrated

TexasTim
01/27/2014, 12:53 PM
So, my tank has been up and running since September. It has cycled, has no algae, a great CUC and three healthy clowns and two blue/green chromis. The problem is I bought new fish, put them in QT and they started dying. Lost three chromis and one coral beauty. After QT was over, I added the three remaining fish, chromis and a foxface. Now after a week, the foxface is pale in coloration and having difficulty breaathing and floating at the surface. it will die, no doubt in my mind. So, how many frogs do I have to kiss to get decent fish?

Have checked the water parameters and they are spot on.......I feel like crap when they die!

FTDelta
01/27/2014, 01:00 PM
You'll need to remove the third clownfish. Why? Because once a dominant pair is formed, they will kill your third clownfish. Never put more than 2 clowns to a tank.

List your parameters. What are your ammonia levels? High ammonia can kill fish.

Cymonous
01/27/2014, 01:01 PM
Are you acclimating at all? Both for Quarantine and DT? Is the salinity for QT and DT the same?

stlcards14
01/27/2014, 01:02 PM
Temp can do it

risin
01/27/2014, 02:51 PM
I have to disagree with the clownfish trio. I have had a trio for 4 years with the larger of the two regularly breeding. They all hang out together without any issues. I've been told it's kind of rare but not unheard of. Mine are false percs.

FTDelta
01/27/2014, 06:10 PM
I have to disagree with the clownfish trio. I have had a trio for 4 years with the larger of the two regularly breeding. They all hang out together without any issues. I've been told it's kind of rare but not unheard of. Mine are false percs.

I disagree with your statement of successfully having multiple clowns of more than 2 in a tank. It's a matter of knowing that it does and will happen no matter the species.

Yours may be one of the very extreme rare cases. What size is your tank?

julie180
01/27/2014, 06:42 PM
What size is your tank?

Foxface will turn ugly when they get stressed out, its normal but heavy breathing is not

Sk8r
01/27/2014, 06:44 PM
YOu haven't actually given your setup. We need to know tank size, temperature, alkalinity and salinity for starters. Ammonia and nitrate.

chris.francis14
01/27/2014, 06:49 PM
Not beating a dead horse, but like others have said, stats are required... :deadhorse1: