PDA

View Full Version : Emergency help!

mark.p.kiri
01/28/2014, 12:30 PM
I have a 40 gal breeder dt with a 30 gall sump, water parameters are at calcium 370, alk 6.4. So the problem I am having is my rainbow bubble tip anemone is dying, it's completely shrunk and looks like it's mouth is swollen open. Two of my birdsnests died (green and purple) but my rainbow birdsnest is still doing great. Right now I'm worried about the nem. It is hosting two small Picasso clowns. I have a yellow tang a royal grama and a ocellari clown that I am trying to capture due to me getting the Picasso at a steal. I got the nem 2 weeks ago it looked good up until yesterday. The day before I did a small water change and changed out my gfo with my usual brs gfo. What can I be missing? I will be updating new things I notice by the second and will try to get more tests. Don't have any phosphate or nitrate tests so will try to get my hands on them.

mark.p.kiri
01/28/2014, 12:32 PM
Also 90% of my green star polyps are closed up. My acros look good polyp extension is there and so is the color montis as well

Mike Ordner
01/28/2014, 12:42 PM
Seriatopora is an easy coral to keep. If they died then I would think the water quality would not be good enough for the anemome. Are the clowns making the anemone mad? Light and flow good enough? Is this a newer tank? BTA's like stable parameters. Hope you find a fix before you lose him.

reefrider
01/28/2014, 12:43 PM
run some GAC

mark.p.kiri
01/28/2014, 12:51 PM
Had the tank for a year at least. The nem didn't look mad when the clowns went in them. Have reefbreeders less
with a mp40

mcgyvr
01/28/2014, 01:10 PM
calc and alk are the last 2 tests you would look at..
Nitrate is #1.. get it tested..

mark.p.kiri
01/28/2014, 01:55 PM
Hey guys I think I may have found the problem, looks like my heater may have partially cracked, I took it out and put a new one in. About an hour has passed and the nem is starting to look better and better. I started running carbon as well in a bag that may help a bit as well. And as always thanks for everyone's input