PDA

View Full Version : Fish tank experts

kelz1146
01/28/2014, 01:39 PM
Hey everyone!

I recently read that there is an app launching that will have professional pet/animal experts that will charge to chat live with them about any advice people may need. They mentioned tank experts. Do you think you would pay $4 pr $5 to have a conversation with a credible expert about reef and tank inquiries?

albano
01/28/2014, 01:55 PM
Hey everyone!

I recently read that there is an app launching that will have professional pet/animal experts that will charge to chat live with them about any advice people may need. They mentioned tank experts. Do you think you would pay $4 pr $5 to have a conversation with a credible expert about reef and tank inquiries?

You'll have to PayPal me first, before I can answer that!

:rolleyes:

Sugar Magnolia
01/28/2014, 02:10 PM
Hey everyone!

Why bother spending money when RC is filled with many credible experts in this hobby?

slgcmg
01/28/2014, 02:53 PM
everything you need is here. use that $5 to buy you a frag or a chromis

mayjong
01/28/2014, 03:06 PM
i'm Absolutely sure people would pay. people pay for anything. i doubt anyone on this site would...

fishkid6692
01/28/2014, 03:09 PM
HA! Thats just insane. I can't believe what people come up with to make money........shame.

ca1ore
01/28/2014, 03:09 PM
Why bother spending money when RC is filled with many credible experts in this hobby?

Exactly! Plus isn't it one of the fundamental rules in life that the more you pay for advice, the worse that advice is?

Allmost
01/28/2014, 03:11 PM
lol thats funny.

will this "app" also take advertisements ?

and will the "expert"'s advice sound like this ? "I recommend using the XXX remover from our sponsors" LOL

kelz1146
01/29/2014, 12:54 PM
You all make some pretty good points. What if the advice was based on health or behavioral questions of sealife or "tank pets"? If you could speak directly with a trained, credited, experienced professional on aquatic life, would you chat with them about questions you have?

kelz1146
01/29/2014, 12:57 PM

I suppose so that you know you are talking to someone credible and can look over their history (linkedin, website) rather than just a username?

kelz1146
01/29/2014, 01:02 PM
lol thats funny.

will this "app" also take advertisements ?

and will the "expert"'s advice sound like this ? "I recommend using the XXX remover from our sponsors" LOL

Actually, maybe! But i know that even you could be an expert. You could make a profile to be an expert and illustrate how long you have had tanks and what types and people would pay you to give them advice on a ton of subjects on this forum.

Sugar Magnolia
01/29/2014, 01:10 PM
I suppose so that you know you are talking to someone credible and can look over their history (linkedin, website) rather than just a username?

We have many people who volunteer their time here to support the wealth of knowledge that they have made a career of. Randy Holmes-Farley is a perfect example. He and several other members keep the Reef Chemistry forum humming. We have several members that work at Universities studying marine invertebrates. The list goes on and on. Hang around a while!