PDA

View Full Version : Need help T-5 lighting

Kona26
01/29/2014, 03:10 PM
I have a 120g long...with a few corals in it...I bought the tank used and it came with 2 mh .... I have changed them with 3 t5 fixtures....I have 2 34in and 1 46in ....I am wanting to know what kind of bulb set up would work well...I am wanting to put in more corals in later. I am newer to having corals so I want to have the best light set up I can with what I have.

right now I have 2 coral sun actinic 420 54w lights in the -- 46in
in both 34 in --1 ultra sun super daylight 6500 k39w and 1 coral sun actinic 420
--all zoomed lights

--both the 34in fixtures are over the middle of the tank ... and the 46in is over the back of the tank.

--I am wanting to know if i should change the bulb configuration or placement of the lighting....if I need to give more info please let me know... I will try and put a pic up
--thanks for your help

rtparty
01/29/2014, 03:23 PM
Low light corals is all you'll be able to keep. Anything that is light demanding will not fair well.

I'd run one ATI blue plus and one ATI coral plus in each fixture.

You'll want to move the lights more forward if you can. There's not much of a reason to light up the back of the tank. Keep the lights directly above the corals.

I'd definitely look to upgrade though and sooner rather than later. The halides may be a great add to get some more light in there as well.

Kona26
01/29/2014, 03:33 PM
what about the times I run them...I have the 46 run for about 10hrs and both the 34in about 6hrs...that is why I just have 2 blues in the 46in...so i should put a coral plus in the 46in...what about the time i run them..? just have plug in timers for each fixture.

---I wanted to run the mh but they look like crap over the tank and in the summer they heat up alot....I will be looking into new lighting some day when the wife lets me spend more money...but untill then thanks for the help