PDA

View Full Version : Arguing About Marine Ich Discussions

FishBo
01/29/2014, 04:07 PM
Well said man Iv had the same experience and so have many many others that's why there's so many threads out there saying the same exact thing even threads on here like u mentioned, but some people I guess just try to ignore them and that's fine we all have our own ways of doing things. Nothing scientific but years of experience and healthy fish

Kind of like how you are ignoring what 99% of everyone else has posted in this thread.

DSPs
01/29/2014, 04:16 PM
Kind of like how you are ignoring what 99% of everyone else has posted in this thread.
You must not have read the whole thread and that's fine, I did and Iv read all the other threads to maybe you should do the same. I'm not arguing with anybody anymore I'm just going to do what has been working for me and I'm sure you will do what's been working for you

cakemanPA
01/29/2014, 04:19 PM
You must not have read the whole thread and that's fine, I did and Iv read all the other threads to maybe you should do the same. I'm not arguing with anybody anymore I'm just going to do what has been working for me and I'm sure you will do what's been working for you

And yet you replied again...or argued again.

DSPs
01/29/2014, 04:26 PM
And yet you replied again...or argued again.

Sry but that's not arguing bud, And I think this thread is done

Sugar Magnolia
01/29/2014, 04:52 PM
Sry but that's not arguing bud, And I think this thread is done

The thread will be done when the RC Staff decides it's done. I suggest if you no longer wish to participate in educating new members about the proper technique of quarantining or treating fish that have ich, you should just stay away from this thread. Your inflammatory posting has become tiresome.

DSPs
01/29/2014, 05:03 PM
The thread will be done when the RC Staff decides it's done. I suggest if you no longer wish to participate in educating new members about the proper technique of quarantining or treating fish that have ich, you should just stay away from this thread. Your inflammatory posting has become tiresome.

Your right and I'm sure the RC staff doesn't wanna see all the arguing going on not just me but others to so please don't single me out in this . others had the same opinions as me in this thread. I'm one of few people that actually answered the Ops questions and others including yourself completely ignored his questions and would much rather argue and the RC staff can see that if they do go over this thread, So please quit trying to down people Iv tried numerous times to stop the arguments but others rather go on and on and completely ignore the op, Hopefully no more mean post are made I'm not gunna post anymore in this thread just let the staff take care of the rest

snorvich
01/29/2014, 05:09 PM
Your right and I'm sure the RC staff doesn't wanna see all the arguing going on not just me but others to so please don't single me out in this . others had the same opinions as me in this thread. I'm one of few people that actually answered the Ops questions and others including yourself completely ignored his questions and would much rather argue and the RC staff can see that if they do go over this thread, So please quit trying to down people Iv tried numerous times to stop the arguments but others rather go on and on and completely ignore the op, Hopefully no more mean post are made I'm not gunna post anymore in this thread just let the staff take care of the rest

Well, the easiest way to "stop the arguments" is to stop posting in this thread. You seem unable to do that.

bertoni
01/29/2014, 05:50 PM
Okay, I moved these posts to this new thread, since they have nothing to do with the original topic.

tmz
01/30/2014, 12:35 AM
Thankyou , Jonathan. It was getting very noisy.

Sk8r
01/30/2014, 12:43 PM
And back to the original topic, your friendly mods have posted Snorich's very extensive and helpful explanation about ich in the stickies here and in two other forums.

It's a parasite, rather like fleas. The problem is that treatments that kill this 'flea' outright also kill a tank, so you have to separate the fish from the tank, treat the fish (or just keep changing his water) and let the 'fleas' left behind in the tank starve for want of fish.

Now---I've been at this a Looooonnnnng time. I don't have ich problems. And there's a reason for that. 1. I buy from clean sources. They're spendier, but they take precautions of their own. I don't buy bargain fish. 2. I keep my water quality very high. If a few ich 'swimmers' get past my precautions and do get into my tank, they're going to run into healthy fish who have killer slime coats, and the 'swimmers' are going to die unfulfilled, because they can't infect those fish. The reason the New To The Hobby Forum is an agony-column of "My fish has spots" is principally because people are not perfecting their water quality and keeping their water chemistry spot-on BEFORE they get fish in that tank. Quarantining is major. But even so, accidents can let ich get past your precautions---and if they hit a tank that's got low alkalinity, with the inhabitants' slime coats in a mess and health conditions in a slide---there'll be "I did everything right, I quarantined, and my fish still have ich!" Water quality. Quarantine. Those two things are key to having no ich.