PDA

View Full Version : please help AI Nano led.

living_waters
01/30/2014, 09:09 AM
Hey everyone, I'm downgrading to a small aio system that brings 2 AI nanos and I can't really find much info on them except people saying either they love them or hate them. I know something about 1st Gen and 2nd Gen I will have the second Gen what's the difference? Also what controller should I get two control both of them? Do I have to buy a controller for each one? Thanks for any help.

thegrun
01/30/2014, 12:29 PM
If I remeber correctly the AI nano only has white, blue and royal blue emmiters. That is not a problem, but you will get slightly better coral coloration with a fixture that also has red and green emmiters. I run an AI Vega over my 50 gallon cube and love it, but it includes red and green. As far as controllers go you can link them together and either use an AI controller or Apex Neptune controller with the adaptor.

living_waters
01/30/2014, 01:24 PM
Thanks. any more info greatly appreciated.

living_waters
01/30/2014, 02:45 PM
I really don't feel like dishing out $500 on this nano just for a controller I just want something to control my dawn,dusk,lunar effect,auto top off,and if possible a wp10 pump

thegrun
01/30/2014, 03:01 PM
I thought the AI controllers were under $100.00, but that will not help you with your pumps.